Weber Q1400 Electric Grill Review
We receive free products to review and participate in affiliate programs. See our disclosure page for more information.
Having a gas grill is not possible if you are living in an apartment. The only option you have is an electric grill that has transformed remarkably over the past years. Some electric grills in the market are better than some charcoal alternatives you might prefer buying. These are easy to clean and maintain.
To help our readers know more about the Weber Q 1400 Electric Grill, we did our hands-on testing. It comes with its advantages such as the perfect sized product for small spaces. Additionally, its design and heating capacity was something that surprised us. Below we have tried to compile our likes and dislikes of this product.
Why Should You Choose the Weber 52020001 Q1400 Electric Grill?
The Grill is a perfect choice due to its durability, portability, easy assembly, and advanced functionality.
Who Do We Think Matches with Weber Q 1400 Electric Grill?
- Apartment or Condominium Residents: Factors such as easy to transport, limited space requirements, and quick assembly make it suited. Most apartments have smaller kitchens and you have to fit in a lot of cooking utensils and machines. This grill will be well-suited as it is compact in size and can easily fit in small spaces.
- Value For Money Seekers: The Weber Q1400 is an ideal choice if you are searching for a product that is durable yet priced competitively. Highly quality finishing backed by some well-crafted design made from sturdy materials makes this product durable. You will be happy to use it for a long period with minimal maintenance.
- Beginners: If this is your 1st Grill, you should find it easy to operate. The Weber Q1400 comes with a detailed instruction manual, and operating it is a breeze. It does take some time to get familiar, but once you do, it's much more comfortable to operate the grill.
Possible Complaints of Weber Q-1400
- Doesn't have a Display Temperature: With the market already having some advanced machines for us, this is one area that Weber Q1400 falls behind. Having a display temperature helps in cooking the perfect.
- Considerably long pre-heat time: While pre-heating, the Grill took a considerably longer time than some of the other competitors in the market. While the difference is not much, you will feel the difference when you try to cook your food in a hurry.
Company Headquarters: Palatine, Illinois
Weber Grills are a known brand that has a vast portfolio of different kinds of grills. They manufacture a variety of charcoal, gas, and electric grills. Selling its products across the American continent, George Stephen started it in the year 1952. The Weber Q1400 Electric grill is a part of the Q Electric series. This series also features a bigger Electric Grill named Q2400. The design of both the options are same and they are made of the same materials.
First Impressions of the Weber Q1400 Electric Grill
We got our hands on a packed grill delivered directly from the showroom. Taking the product out is quite easy and quick. Our first impressions the moment this product came out of the box was "For an electric grill, this one is WOW" - It looks premium, and the overall finishing merely is eye-catchy.
Took it out of the box and placed it in a corner of our kitchen having a direct power outlet to offer easy connectivity. However, you can easily connect your grill if the power outlet is at a distance of 6-feet. Once connected, no noise or vibrations were evident.
- Heats 189 sq. inch cooking area using the 1560-watt heating element
- Constructed from porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates coupled with cast aluminum body and lid
- Comes completely assembled in the box
- The 6-foot long grounded cord attached
- Measures 14.5Hx27Wx16.5D (with closed lid)
In addition to the above, it comes with infinite control burner valve settings. The integrated glass-reinforced nylon frames and the aluminum heat retention liners provide additional safety to you when operating.
- Made In USA: The Weber Q1400 has been manufactured in the USA and is a part of the Q Electric series of Weber.
- Cast Aluminum: The lid and the body are crafted from cast aluminum, which ensures heat doesn't escape while cooking. More importantly, this also helps in providing even cooking temperatures.
- Cast Iron: The grates are made from cast iron, which means your food will be cooked well from inside and out. Also, the electric Grill comes with a porcelain-enameled finishing giving it a premium look and feel.
- Electric Igniter: Being an electric powered grill ignition takes place whenever you switch on the power. You have infinite control burner valve settings to allow you to have control of the ignition.
It is made from superior quality materials, which include the cast aluminum lid and body, porcelain-enameled finishing, aluminum heat retention liners to prevent heat from escaping, and cast-iron cooking grates. The Grill will last for years with minimal maintenance.
The company integrates a modern and sleek design in addition to two sturdy handles on its sides. It also gets a doomed hood giving you the flexibility to experiment with different foods and recipes. The 6-foot long grounded cord ensures you can operate the Grill even if the power outlets are within the long 6-foot range.
Underneath the cook box, it gets a disposable drip pan for catching grease when the Grill is in use. The pan is straightforward to pull it in and out while preparing our meals. The things we feel are missing include the stand, which means you need a solid base or a table when using.
Like highlighted above, it takes a considerably longer pre-heat time. It would usually take about 20 minutes to pre-heat the Grill before its all set to use.
Powered by a 1560-watt electric heating element, the Grill evenly heats the entire 189 square-inch cooking area. Despite lacking a digital temperature display, you will be happy to use the temperature controller to adjust the heat from low to high.
Initially, you might take some time to familiarize yourself, but it's effortless to control and adjust the heat. Depending on what you are grilling, you can adjust from low to high. The aluminum heat retention lines prevent heat from escaping and ensures even distribution of heat throughout the cooking time.
Cleaning & Maintenance: 4.4/5
The ease of cleaning is something that makes electric grills popular. Comprising of minimal parts, it's straightforward to remove the grease and food particles. You can use a grill brush to remove stuck-up foods from inside the cooking grates. Apply warm soapy water on the brush while using.
You can wash the disposable drip pan with a soapy solution and remove the grease by using a spatula. Although it comes with a single drip pan, you shouldn't try applying aluminum foil to add extra protection. The company warns against doing so, and it's better to buy a set of cheap drip pans.
Warranty & Shipping
Warranty: The company offers a comprehensive warranty of 5 years on burner tubes, plastic components, and grates. All other parts are covered under a 2-year warranty. The warranty doesn’t include discoloration or fainting.
Shipping: Presently the company ships the Weber Q 1400 Electric grill only within the United States of America and Canada.
The perfect alternative to a gas or a charcoal grill, the Weber Q 1400 cooks tasty meals for you. This grill is perfect for indoor cooking, well-priced and very easy to clean and maintain.