Char-Broil Patio Bistro TRU-Infrared Electric Grill Review
We receive free products to review and participate in affiliate programs. See our disclosure page for more information.
Tired of your food losing its rich taste to heat whenever you grill? The Char-Broil Patio Bistro TRU-Infrared electric grill came prepared to outrival most modern grilling devices in tackling this downside.
This electric grill, launched by the Char-Broil brand, has more than one quality that stands it out amongst the many grills invented so far. Therefore, its key features, architectural designs, and capabilities are evaluated to the last detail in the course of this review to enable you to determine if it's worth the money.
This review also comes with additional information on complementary items to purchase with the Char-Broil Patio Bistro TRU-Infrared Electric Grill.
Why Choose the Char-Broil Patio Bistro TRU-Infrared Electric Grill?
Ever wondered the remedy to retaining your food flavor even after grilling? With this device, your food flavor is reserved even after undergoing heating. This way, your edibles do not have to endure extreme dryness as a result of grilling.
Who Do We Think Matches with Char-Broil Patio Bistro TRU-Infrared Electric Grill?
- Fans of Electric Grills: This Patio Bistro electric grill caters to the need of grill lovers who don't want to worry about using gas or sourcing for charcoal to grill. All that's needed is the convective heat to simmer food.
- Apartment or Condominium Dwellers: For folks who dwell in condominiums or apartments, this grill was made with you in mind. It's fit for small balconies or patios, as it doesn't occupy wide spaces like other large grills. It still manages, however, to fulfill its duty.
- Small Family: This is the perfect grill for a small family size. Its compact size makes it ideal for a household with less than six members.
Possible Char-Broil Patio Bistro TRU-Infrared Electric Grill Complaints
- Heating May Not Be Satisfactory: The Char-Broil Patio Bistro slowly heats-up food compared to gas grills. Moreover, during heating, temperature degrees fluctuate. Lastly, it doesn't scorch food altogether, and that's because this grill model from Char-Broil wasn't designed to heat food intensely.
- Time-Consuming: This device isn't wide enough to accommodate a large quantity of food. Thus, it takes time to cook all you've got. It can take 12 burgers in one cook cycle, so if you think you'll need to prepare more in a short time, best to go for a grill with a larger surface area.
Company Headquarters: Columbus, Georgia, USA
The Char-Broil electric grill is a symbol of advancement and growth for the award-winning brand when compared to their previous creations. It represents an updated version of former models, both in design and construction. This patio grill brings apartment and condo owners closer than any other grill would.
First Impression: How Does It Look Like?
Char-Broil Patio Bistro electric grill comes with a manual that guides easy assemblage of its various parts. It doesn't struggle to fit into the balconies and small areas. The Electric TRU-Infrared grill encourages quick cleaning due to the small surface area. Its wheels aid fast locomotion across the terrace. When compared to other grills, it weighs less.
- Average Surface Area: The main cooking area is porcelain-coated, accounting for about 240 square inches. There's also the warming rack occupying 80 square inches. Both parts add up to 320 square inches of cooking area. This grilling space, can at its best, accommodate a set of 12 hamburgers. Vegetables should be grilled at the warming rack since it doesn't require intense heating like beef and its ilk.
- Temperature Gauge: The easy to spot temperature gauge is well located atop the hood.
- Precision Dial: There's a precision dial to keep you in charge of the temperature. At the inner part of the grill is a 1,750-watt electric burner that supplies heat to the infrared grill to ensure that your food heats evenly. You can connect this electric grill to a standard 120-volt outlet like most kitchen electronics.
- Warming Rack: There's an easily removable warming rack to cook food indirectly and keep it warm.
- Shelves: This grilling equipment has shelves designed to keep cooking utensils within reach during grilling.
Handle and Wheel Presence: The grill possesses a handle and two small wheels to aid mobility.
- Grease Tray: There's a grease tray to accumulate dispersed grease and other liquids to prevent them from spreading to other parts of the device. This feature promotes easy tidying after use.
The grill consists of premium quality materials for a grill of its kind. The following are its dimensions: assembled width (in.) - 24, assembled depth (in.) - 25.2, and assembled height (in.) - 38. It weighs 45.1 pounds, which means it is not too heavy for a single person to move around.
It's very sleek in appearance. The porcelain-coated grate is quite durable and not corrosive. You can quickly assemble all parts of this product to for am grill. Users can utilize wood chips with the Patio Bistro to augment their cooking. If you own a spacious balcony, place wood in the valley of the Bistro grill to give that unique smoky flavor.
This Char-Broil TRU-Infrared grill has a minimum of 65 percent infrared heat and uses a 1750-watt electric burner to cook. This is an excellent heat capacity for a compact-sized grill of this nature. Temperatures range between simmer to scorching to allow heat spread across the entire cooking surface. That way, food can cook without drying up. It also doesn't flare-up during heating.
This portable outdoor grill product from Char-Broil has a barrier sandwiched between food and flames. This development inhibits cookout disasters.
Cleaning and Maintenance: 3.5/5
This grill is low maintenance; you can easily replace defective parts. Some of these parts are cart base, front and rare leg set, lid handle, wire shelf, heat shield, and cooking grate, inner reflector and grease tray, warming rack and grease lid, and wheel. It's moderately easy to clean.
Warranties and Shipping:
- Warranty: The Char-Broil Patio Bistro TRU-Infrared electric grill comes with a two-year warranty.
- Shipping: It takes two to three days to ship this device within the United States of America.
Complementary Items to Get with The Char-Broil Patio Bistro TRU-Infrared Electric Grill
1. The Char-Broil Patio Bistro Cover
This item consists of polyester. The cover has a PVC coating that's highly durable and strong. When you use the snaps located at the side of the cover, they'll work alongside the grill's shelves regardless of its position. This accessory is resistant to precipitation and wind. What's more, it's a Char-Broil product, so you don't have to worry about its authenticity.
It weighs 3.2 pounds while the assembled width, depth, and heights are 27 inches, 26 inches, and 27 inches, respectively.
2. The Char-Broil Safer, Cool Clean Nylon Bristle Grill Brush
You can change the head of this grill brush when it gets old. This item is a lot better than the economy metal-wire bristle brushes for similar purposes. It consists of abrasive nylon bristles, which can go 15,000 cycles without wearing out. Using this grill brush helps increase the chances of your Char-Broil lasting longer since the scraper blade eliminates carbon deposits.
Our Verdict for Char-Broil's Patio Bistro TRU-Infrared Electric Grill
Succinctly put, this product has an excellent heat capacity that enables it to heat quickly and reach its temperature climax on time unlike the thousands of electric patio grills you'll find out there.
An added quality to this grill, is its ability to maintain a uniform grilling temperature. Inherently, facilitating even grilling of your food. So, if these unique qualities meet your personal preferences, then go for it.