Kamado Joe CLASSIC III Review
We receive free products to review and participate in affiliate programs. See our disclosure page for more information.
What makes a “good” chef “great” when it comes to grilled food? Just in case you don’t know, the answer is, ‘right tools’, like a perfect barbecue grill that offers a chef everything he asks for.
One such example is Kamado Joe CLASSIC III.
Of course, without a classic grill, you cannot expect an extraordinary meal. Since we’re talking about quality barbecue grill, Kamado Joe CLASSIC III has all the features you can ask for.
Representing a prestigious line of grills from an award-winning manufacturer, CLASSIC III is an upgrade launched by Kamado Joe in 2019. So, if you’ve used their CLASSIC II BBQ grill, you’d be keen to compare this one with yours. In case you haven’t tried any Kamado Joe product before, this grill is definitely worth a try.
So let’s dive into this Kamado Joe Classic III review without further ado.
Why Choose the Kamado Joe Classic III?
With the SloRoller Hyperbolic Smoke Chamber, the Kamado Joe Classic III uses the heat and airflow intelligently to make your food reach the amazing taste and texture. Also, its three-layered divide and conquer cooking system allows you to cook different food at different temperatures and in different styles, all at the same time.
Who Do We Think Matches With Kamado Joe Classic III?
- Weekend Warriors: When it's your favorite time of the week, you can try all the recipes you want. Except for dehydrating and deep oil frying, this grill allows all types of cooking, including grill, bake, sear, cold smoke, etc.
- Low-and-Slow Cooking Lovers: While it has a lot of cooking options, the SloRoller Hyperbolic Smoke Chamber makes it a unique choice for low and slow cooking. It uses the heat and smoke by regulating the airflow in circles to cook the food evenly without burning.
- Small Families: Despite having amazing features, the Kamado Joe Classic III might not be a great choice for large families and big gatherings since it only offers an 18-inches grill space for each tier. However, when it comes to smaller families, the three 18-inches grills are enough to prepare a whole meal altogether.
Possible Kamado Joe Classic III Complaints
Of course, there is no such thing as a perfect grill. There is always something that doesn’t work out the way we want.
- Large and Heavy: Kamado Joe Classic III features a heavy-duty ceramic structure installed with cast iron multi-grate grill. The added shelves add to the weight of the grill.Some may find it a little hard to move and maneuver on their own. However, the good news is that it comes with a heavy-duty galvanized steel rolling cart with locking wheel casters.
- Fewer Instructions: While this grill is super easy and straightforward to set-up, there are no clear instructions on the instructions manual for doing so. This has caused discomfort to some customers. However, you can always take help from the Internet.
Company Headquarters: Georgia, US
Kamado Joe was created to bring all the grill-lovers under one flag. They focused on solving the problems common grills used to have.
All products of Kamado Joe are created to give you exceptional grilling experiences. From the design to accessories, everything is a result of a well-thought and planned effort.
Kamado Joe products are for those who have a strong passion for grilling, providing all that is required to cook a super delicious meal.
With a catchy red color and an attractive divide and conquer cooking design, it might be a little hard to take your eyes off this grill. The Kamado Joe Classic III comes with a cart and side shelves to make your grilling experience as smooth as possible.
It is also very easy to assemble. The divided 18 inches cooking surface allows you to cook different foods at different temperatures in different styles.
The ceramic construction makes it a perfect grill that looks great too. Moreover, it has an airlift hinge that allows you to lift the dome with a finger and stop wherever you want.
The weight of 262.5 lbs makes it a heavier option. However, since it comes with a cart, portability is not an issue.
- Three-tier Divide and Conquer Cooking System: This amazing cooking system allows you to cook different foods at different temperatures at the same time. You can cook a complete juicy meal without leaving the grill. The cooking surface is 18 inches, divided in half. This feature turns the average grill grate into the most powerful tool in your arsenal.
- Air Lift Hinge: Slamming domes are the worst when it comes to grilling. Kamado Joe Classic III comes with an amazing feature of airlift hinge. This reduces the dome’s weight by 96%. This feature allows you to lift the grill with just a finger and stop it wherever you like.
- SloRoller Hyperbolic Smoke Chamber: The SloRoller Hyperbolic Smoke Chamber has turned the Classic III into the most optimal smoker. This system distributes heat and smoke in circulatory motion, surrounding the food evenly. In turn, you’ll get an evenly cooked, tender meat with reduced hot spots and better taste.
- Kontrol Tower Top Vent: The Kontrol Tower Top Vent makes sure that you are in total control of your grill’s temperature. You can precisely control the temperature, avoiding the overcooked/under-cooked disasters.
- JoeTisserie Technology: Kamado Joe Classic III brings you an opportunity to cook any food you want. If you are the one who likes rotisserie chicken the most, look no further. The durable and versatile cast aluminum JoeTisserie converts the Classic III into the perfect rotisserie tool. This feature is super easy to install. It’s constant and steady rotation keeps the meat juicy and tender while being evenly cooked.
- Ceramic Body: Kamado Joe Classic III is made up of a high-fire ceramic body, which is perfect for cooking tender, juicy, and smoky meat. Although this results in a heavy-duty grill, the attached benefits are worth the weight.
- Grill Cover: Unlike many other grills, the Kamado Joe Classic III Grill comes with a durable and waterproof grill cover so you can protect your investment from changing weather. This cover has a 100% solution-dyed polyester construction that ensures durability and a longer lifetime.
- DoJoe: DoJoe converts your Classic III into a top-class pizza oven you never had. Its wedge-like shape helps in maintaining a steady temperature between 400 to 700 Fahrenheit. You can also see and monitor your pizza and other baking items while you cook.
- Versatile Grates: With the cast iron grates, soapstones, and griddles, the Kamado Joe Classic III brings versatility to your cooking regime. Once you are done, they are super easy to move and clean.
- iKamand: Do you want to set and monitor the temperature of your device from anywhere in the house? The newest iKamand technology allows you to do exactly this through your smart device.
- Made in US: If you prefer grills that are made in the USA, this one will not disappoint you. Kamado Joe is based in Georgia, USA.
The Kamado Joe Classic III has a thick-walled, heat-resistant ceramic construction that keeps the heat and moisture locked in. It also features an airlift hinge that reduces the dome’s weight by 96%, making it easier to lift and stop.
The Kontrol Tower Top Vent allows you to keep better control over your grill’s temperature. Also, there is a built-in thermometer. A stainless steel latch, wire mesh fiberglass gasket, and a slide-out ash drawer also add to this grill’s premium features.
The Kamado Joe Classic III is known for maintaining even temperatures from 225 Fahrenheit to a sweltering 750 Fahrenheit. This makes it a great choice to slow cook a smoky dish or bake a pizza at high temperature.
Similarly, the three-tier divide and conquer cooking system has upped the cooking game big time. Its features three half moon grates which can be mixed and matched according to your food type.
These half moon grates include soapstone, ceramic pizza stone, cast iron cooking grate, fish and vegetable grate, deflector plate and the traditional stainless steel cooking grate.
Cleaning & Maintenance: 4.5/5
Kamado Joe Classic III is super-easy to maintain and clean. If you don’t make a lot of mess while cooking, you might only need to thoroughly clean the grates and tray twice a year by soaking them.
As for as the ash is concerned, you can simply pull-out the ashtray and empty it.
Warranties & Shipping
- Warranty: All the ceramic parts of Kamado Joe Classic III have a limited lifetime warranty as long as the original purchaser owns it. All the metal parts have a five-year warranty. Heat deflectors and pizza stone have a three-year warranty while the thermometer and gaskets have a one-year warranty.
- Shipping: Currently, Kamado Joe only ships within the Contiguous US and Canada (excluding Alaska and Hawaii).
The Kamado Joe Classic III will upgrade your grilling sessions right away. The SloRoller Smoke System allows even, tender and juicy cooking, making the grill stand out of the crowd.
Moreover, cleaning the grill’s ash was never easier before the Classic III’s ashtray pull-out ashtray came along. If the weight is what concerns you, worry no more. The wheeled cart will help you in moving the grill around quite easily.
You can cook, grill, and roast separately, and even at the same time. The divide and conquer cooking system has pushed the cooking boundaries for you.