George Foreman Indoor|Outdoor 15+ Serving Domed Electric Grill With Ceramic Plates & Temperature Gauge - Gun Metal Review
We receive free products to review and participate in affiliate programs. See our disclosure page for more information.
An electric grill simplifies indoor and outdoor grilling without the charcoal mess. Once you start using one, you might not go back to gas or charcoal grills.
If you are looking for an affordable electric grill that doubles as an indoor grill, you can’t go wrong with the George Foreman Indoor/Outdoor 15+ Serving Domed Electric Grill. It can be used on balconies, rooftops, backyards, and anywhere there is an electric connection.
We’re going to review the performance and construction of this versatile grill so that you know what you are investing in. Let’s go!
Why Choose the George Foreman Electric Grill?
The George Foreman Indoor Outdoor Electric Grill lets you create delicious hamburgers, tender fish, and yummy desserts on your patio or inside your apartment where a charcoal grill won’t work. It leaves beautiful grill marks on your food for a full grilling experience.
Who Do We Think Matches With George Foreman Indoor|Outdoor 15+ Serving Domed Electric Grill?
- Fish Lovers: If you live for white meat, you will love this grill. It prepares juicy and tender fish fillets or whole fish, which is even more flavourful. The non-stick grilling surface doesn’t let the meat stick or crumble, and gets high enough to leave nice grill marks.
- Eco-Friendly Folks: If charcoal means mess to you, you don’t have to deal with it. But, that doesn’t mean you have to compromise on grilled food. Perfect for apartments, backyards, and other outdoor settings, the George Foreman Indoor Outdoor Electric Grill gives an irresistible grill flavor without causing an ashy mess around you.
- Budget Shoppers Looking for Quality: With a low price tag, this grill provides leading quality and affordability. It features a 5x more durable ceramic surface than other electric grills by the brand. It does an excellent job of handling all the basic grilling and comes with a removable stand so that you can cook anywhere, from your patio to your kitchen countertop.
Possible George Foreman Indoor|Outdoor Domed Electric Grill Complaints
- Temperature Controller Placement: The heat control is placed directly beside the cooking area so that it can get spattered with grease. As there is no heat vent on the lid, grilling extra juicy foods might end up in moisture collection at the sides of the grill, and reach the heat control.
- Grease Spillage: Although it includes a fat-removing slope and a drip tray, grease is a little bit of a problem with this grill. If you cook extra greasy foods in larger quantities, the oil can quickly fill up the drip pan and spill over the edges.
Company Headquarters: Beachwood, Ohio, United States
George Foreman is a part of the Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc. which is a global consumer products company with a range of leading brands under it. The US-based brand, George Foreman, focuses on providing innovative products and exceptional service to its customers.
It produces an extensive collection of sizzle grills, air fryers, and more, in a variety of sizes, styles, and colors.
The George Foreman indoor and outdoor grill has a unique and efficient design, ideal for patios, apartments, and other places where a charcoal grill is a big NO. It offers adequate power and space for making large meals along with easy cleanup.
Yet, it is compact enough to fit in small places, with a removable pedestal stand for countertop grilling. However, the stand that comes with the grill can be a little shaky on uneven grounds. So, if you plan to go camping with your portable grill, you might have to keep something to support the stand at the bottom.
Overall, it managed to impress us in the very first go, with no flare ups or ashy mess around. You just have to place it anywhere near an electric outlet, and you are good to go.
The George Foreman Indoor|Outdoor 15+ Serving Domed Electric Grill is super easy to assemble and comes in the color Gun Metal, which is a stunning black with a smooth finish.
- Cooking Space: Although compact, this electric grill can handle 15+ servings at a time. The 240 sq-in. circular cooking surface lets you prepare food for large groups of friends and family. The top dome-shaped lid provides good heat circulation and plenty of cooking space. That means you can grill meat stacked burgers, whole corns, and more without worrying about space like in the contact grills.
- Electric Powered: The key feature of the George Foreman Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill is that it’s fully electric. That makes it safe to use in smaller places such as balconies, where charcoal grills might be risky. Furthermore, it is especially convenient for regular grillers as they won’t need to buy charcoal every other weekend or worry about a gas tank replacement.
- Removable Stand: Weather won’t be a wall between you and your grilling anymore. The easily removable stand lets you take your grill from your backyard to your indoor kitchen countertop without any disruption in your precious family time.
- Adjustable Temperature Control: The secret to a succulent grilled meal is perfect heat. The adjustable temperature control lets you choose ideal heat from five heat settings, fifth being the hottest. Moreover, a proper heat spread ensures the best results every time you open the lid.
- Temperature Gauge: With a temperature gauge on the lid, you don’t have to make guesses anymore. The indicator gives an accurate reading of the heat inside for perfect grilling.
- Non-Stick Cooking Surface: A non-stick cooking surface is ideal for cooking, grilling, and searing all kinds of foods. It eliminates the need for excessive oiling to stop the meat from burning or crumbling. As the food won’t stick to the grill plate, it can be cleaned easily with a tissue or a cloth.
- Fat Removing Slope: There is a slit in the center of the cooking surface, which makes it slope a bit. The slope is designed to remove excess grease from the tray, so your food is not dunked in oil. But don’t get me wrong here. The food will still retain all its delicious juices, just without the extra fat. Where does the fat go? The drip tray catches the excess oil, and it can fill up pretty quickly.
George Foreman Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill is made of high-quality materials, with no flare-ups, or ashy mess. It is perfect for any setting that is not fit for a charcoal or gas grill.
What gives this grill the edge is its unique and compact construction. The top dome lid provides plenty of room for cooking and the premium ceramic cooking surface best results each time. However, I won’t appreciate a heat vent at the top for better heat management.
To change the outdoor grill into an indoor counter grill, you can remove the stand from underneath in seconds.
The heat controller on this grill works somewhat like a stove knob, but it doesn’t have specific temperatures on it. Instead, it has five adjustable speed settings, with five being the hottest. The wide range of temperatures gives you the choice of grilling on high heat or slow cooking over hours.
With this grill, you will experience minimal to no flare-ups, while the heat distribution won’t cease to impress.
Cleaning & Maintenance: 4.5/5
Cleaning the George Foreman Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill is no hard task. The non-stick ceramic cooking surfaces prevent food from sticking to it, so you only have to wait for it to cool down before wiping it clean with a towel or nylon brush.
The use of any harsh scrubbers can result in the non-stick coating coming off. The drip tray is also removable and washable for quick and easy cleaning.
Warranties & Shipping:
- Warranty: The grill comes with a 3-Year Limited, which applies only in the United States and Canada.
- Shipping: George Foreman only ships within the United States.
The George Foreman Indoor|Outdoor 15+ Serving Domed Electric Grill With Ceramic Plates & Temperature Gauge - Gun Metal makes grilling possible inside your apartment and outdoors in your backyard at beach parties. It grills the most delicious fish, hamburgers, veggies and desserts, leaving perfect grill marks on the food.
One downside to the grill is the temperature controller placement, which makes it prone to grease spillage. The lack of a heat vent on the lid might also damage the controller with moisture.
Overall, it is a super affordable option for grillers who love to cook in different spots. It takes seconds to change it from a backyard grill to a countertop grill inside your kitchen.