Coleman RoadTrip LXE Grill Review
We receive free products to review and participate in affiliate programs. See our disclosure page for more information.
If you are a traveler and love going on long road trips, there are several tools that you should always be carrying with you. A portable grill is one of them. Coleman has featured various models in its RoadTrip range. In case you are planning to buy yourself the Coleman RoadTrip LXE Grill, then the review below is worth reading.
This model is among the best options in this series. The grill is a perfect choice for RV camping, camping trips, picnics, tailgate parties, etc. The design allows you to fold-up and collapses the entire grill to make it easy to carry. It has wheels at the bottom that enhances the portability quotient.
Why Should You Buy the RoadTrip LXE Grill?
This model should be bought if you are looking for a versatile, portable, and powerful grill for your road-trips.
Who Do We Think Matches with RoadTrip LXE Grill?
- Frequent Road Trippers: People who frequently go for road trips with friends and family should be getting one of these. Carrying it in your vehicle or setting it up for use when needed is very easy. It is also handy to have it in your house if you go for picnics once or twice each year in groups.
- Clean Freaks: The fact that it comes with a quick dismantle feature and takes no time to clean and maintain makes it popular. You can clean it quickly in a matter of minutes using a simple soap solution and scrubbers. However, you will have a tough time when cleaning the insides and the actual cooking area.
- Beginners: This product is most likely to be purchased by novice chefs or travelers who have minimal idea of regular cooking. You will be surprised to know that despite being a portable grill that is light, it does a remarkable job of cooking food. Moreover, beginners will find it very easy to operate and start cooking.
Possible Roadtrip LXE Grill Complaints
- Food Gets Overcooked if Not Monitored: When using this grill, you will have to be careful and monitor the process at every stage. A slight lapse could end up overcooking or spoiling your food. You also must be sure about the temperature control and keep on regulating as needed during the cooking stages.
- Tough To Carry for a Backpacking or Hiking Trip: Although portable, it is not the perfect option to take for your backpacking or hiking trips. Carrying it for an extended period in tough terrains won't be possible. Moreover, the wheels are not meant to be dragged on rough surfaces.
Coleman outdoor grills have been manufacturing a wide range of portable propane or charcoal grills for years. They are known to offer some of the most advanced yet easy to use grills that are perfect for your outdoor recreations. The RoadTrip LXE Grill is a part of its affordable and light-weight grills that can do almost any task related to grilling during your trips.
The product comes completely assembled in friendly but bulky packaging. After opening, you will only need to attach the wheels and the stand to the base. It comes with a gentle push and clip feature that allows you to make the grill stand tall easily. With the stand attached, you can easily cook without bending much.
Fold-up or easily roll it down is the feature that impresses. It takes seconds to collapse and fold-up. Integrated matchless ignition, coupled with a perfect flow control system, ensures you can start cooking instantly. It contains two cast-iron warp-resistant grill grates. Additionally, porcelain coating makes it very easy to clean the upper surface. You would love the knobs as they have been well designed, offering you secure and accurate control of the flame intensity.
- Large Grilling Area
- Comes with Two Burners
- High BTU Output
- Weighs 43 Pounds but its wheels make it remarkably easy to transport
- Designed to operate in windy conditions comfortably
- Cast-Iron Grates, Stainless Steel borders, and porcelain coating
- Matchless Ignition
While using the grill you will feel confident as the stands offer it the perfect balance. The design is such that it locks the stands, and there are no chances of any accidental falls when setting up on a leveled surface. It gets a strong pair of wheels that make transporting a heavy grill like this very comfortable.
- Stainless steel: The edges running on the surrounding area of the burners are made of stainless steel, giving it a premium and appealing finish. It also acts as a protection against the spilling of food and filling up the space between the cover and the grilling area.
- Cast-iron: The grates are made of durable cast-iron that cook’s delicious foods from inside and out. The grates that add to most of the weight on the grill are perfect due to the large cooking surface.
- Push-button igniter: The feature of matchless ignition is quite handy as you do not need to carry matches or fear of not taking them on your trip.
- Cover: The cover over the grill is made from durable materials and ensures it withstands high winds without affecting the overall cooking process. Both closed or open the cover stands/sits in its position without moving an inch.
- Made in the USA: Coleman manufactures all its products in the United States of America. RoadTrip LXE Grill has been exclusively designed and crafted in the country.
- Sturdy Plastic Stand & Handles: The grill gets two sturdy handles on its sides that are comfortable to lift the entire grill with minimal efforts. It gets a collapsible plastic stand fitted with wheels to add ease of transporting it from one place to the other. The stand is strong enough to support the heavy grill ensuring balance is maintained throughout the process of cooking.
The RoadTrip LXE Grill is crafted using superior quality materials backed by excellent finishing thanks to the porcelain coating on its outer surface. The stands and wheels are constructed using strong and durable plastics. Speaking about the internal section, the cast-iron grates look great above the burners.
Other than the folding tabletop, it also features sliding side tables. The individual instaStart matchless ignition is convenient when you are cooking on your outdoor trips.
The grill comes with a large cooking area, which is good enough to cook food for a group of 5 or 6. When switched on, the flames spread evenly to ensure the food gets cooked from all corners. Even heat distribution, coupled with minimal flare-ups, adds to the convenience of using the RoadTrip LXE Grill.
The preheat duration is roughly around 10 minutes, which is good enough considering you are using a portable variation of a grill that's meant for outdoor cooking. It gets 20,000 BTU burners, which is among the highest heat outputs offered in the same segment. The company has done well to ensure that it doesn't run overly hot and doesn't consume a lot of fuel. It gets fancy knobs that let you control the temperature with ease.
Cleaning & Maintenance: 2.5/5
It is neither very easy to clean nor too tough. The fact that its outer area gets porcelain covering, its easy for you to clean with simple soap solutions. However, you will have a tough time cleaning the interiors as you don't have the option to dismantle the main cooking area.
Although this can be made more accessible by using a cleaning brush, you will have to devote some time to clean the grill after use. If you clean it properly and store it well, this grill will remain your travel companion for years to come.
Warranty & Shipping
- Warranty: It comes with a five-year warranty on standard parts while the handles, plastic stands, and other components are covered under a two-year warranty. You do not get any warranty for accidental damage or scratches on its surface.
- Shipping: The product is only shipped across the USA, and international shipping is not available.
RoadTrip LXE grill is perfect for your outdoor cooking needs. You will only take up minutes to set it up and start cooking. It also heats up pretty quickly and grills evenly throughout. It comes with dual burners having independent control knobs besides a built-in thermometer.
Overall, it's well-manufactured, but you have to take excellent care as it's a heavy grill indeed. Its grilling surface sits in the middle featuring a grate around the outer edges. The cooking area is an ample space covering around 285 sq. Inches.