Broil King MONARCH 320 Review
We receive free products to review and participate in affiliate programs. See our disclosure page for more information.
If grilling is your thing, the Broil King MONARCH 320 might just be what you are missing. This perfectly sized grill lets you prepare a nice meal for a small family while being light on the pocket.
However, before you invest in the grill, you need to know what it has to offer. We have reviewed the features of the grill in detail for you.
Here’s everything you need to know before purchasing your very first gas grill.
Why Choose the Broil King MONARCH 320?
The Broil King MONARCH 320 is ideal for grilling enthusiasts looking for a compact, affordable, and stylish option with all the essential functions of a gas grill. It boasts a sleek and stylish appearance with black and silver details to fit every setting.
Who Do We Think Matches With Broil King MONARCH 320?
- Chefs On a Budget: The Broil King MONARCH 320 is one of the more affordable options in the market with its unparalleled performance and low price tag. It is constructed out of high-quality materials and will most likely last you several years. If you are a chef with a limited budget, the Broil King MONARCH 320 won’t make you compromise on quality or design.
- Grilling Beginners: The Broil King MONARCH 320 is compact and straightforward, which makes it ideal for newbies. It offers power, plenty of cooking area, cabinet, wheels, and everything you would possibly expect from a basic grill. The electronic ignition and Deluxe Accu-Temp thermometer are just a few features that make it easy to use.
- Weekend Warriors: If you turn into a chef on the weekends, this grill might be an ideal option for you. It offers all the necessary grilling features without going too overboard with the options or price. It provides exceptional power for its size and requires little to no maintenance for years to come.
Possible Broil King MONARCH 320 Complaints
Before you go for this grill, let us quickly walk you through the common complaints, if any, regarding the product.
- Glitchy Ignition: While the Sure-Lite Ignition System makes the grill super easy to light up, it can be a bit glitchy at times. Mostly, it lights up the grill with a single push, but at other times it might not be very consistent. You will have to be a little patient and get used to the once-in-a-while glitching.
- Very Basic Features: Without a doubt, Broil King MONARCH 320 offers quality, but it’s slightly light on features. It’s one of the affordable options available, but it is missing some popular features that other grills have in the same price category.
Company Headquarters: North America
Phone: 1(800) 265-2150
Buying a grill is no joke. It means investing hundreds of dollars or more, and so you would want a product that offers the best quality at an affordable price. This is precisely what Broil King delivers.
The Canadian company has earned its name in North America for making high-quality grills that can complement any outdoor setting. The brand uses native steel (not entirely) to manufacture its products in North American plants established in Huntington, Indiana, Dickson Tennessee, and Waterloo, Ontario.
The GEM and MONARCH ranges are part of the more affordable grills that the brand has to offer.
The Broil King MONARCH 320 has a perfect size that doesn’t take up too much of an averaged size patio. At the same time, it provides ample space to prepare a full meal for a small family of four or five.
You will also find impressive temperature control options with the highest and lowest possible heat settings. The aluminum stainless steel cook box effectively retains heat inside, so that you don’t lose any of that flavorful smoke.
The grill also features black powder-painted slide-out side shelves with tool hooks to accommodate all your BBQ essentials. Additionally, the enclosed cabinets in the front add to the storage space for maximum space efficiency.
Are you thinking of shifting your grill from the backyard to the balcony often? The 18 cm wheels and 6.4 cm locking casters make the grill easy to move and shift as per your liking.
- Compact Design: The design of the grill is simple and compact to fit small patios. For smaller spaces, you can fold down the side shelves to save even more space. Despite the packed space, you get enough area of 520 sq. in., including 350 sq.in. of primary cooking space for full meal preparations.
- Linear Flow Valves: With a 30,000 BTU main burner output, the grill produces impressive power for its size. Thanks to the Linear Flow Valves, you can set the heat to the exact degree you want to cook at. The Dual-Tube burners and porcelain-coated cast-iron cooking grids ensure even heat from the front of the grill to the back.
- Dual Tube Burners: The three stainless steel Dual-Tube burners evenly heat the whole grill without leaving any cold spots. Paired with the cook box, the double-sided burner accurately maintains the gas pressure in the grill for better cooking and perfect heating.
- Therma-Cast Aluminum Cook Box: The Therma-cast aluminum cook box with a stainless steel lid retains heat inside the grill. Due to its sturdy build, you won’t have to deal with any dents or holes on the cover.
- Flav-R-Wave: Fancy an authentic BBQ taste? The Flav-R-Wave is exclusively designed to catch the food drippings and vaporize them to add flavor back to your food. But that’s not it. The Flav-R-Wave also ensures even heat spread and temperature control while protecting your burners from food juices.
- Stainless Steel Construction: If you prefer stainless steel grills, this one might be a good option for you. With stainless steel burners and shelves, and cast-iron cooking grates, the grill spells durability and superior performance. Aside from that, you will find the grill easy to clean and maintain. However, we do recommend keeping it dry at all times to prevent rust.
- Temperature Gauge: Not only can you set the temperature down to a single degree, but you can also monitor it with the temperature gauge on the cook box. If you are a beginner at grilling, you will find this addition very useful.
- Made in the US: Are you a fan of the US-made grills? We have good news for you. The Broil King MONARCH 320 is made in the US, with most of its parts sourced from North American suppliers.
- Electronic Ignition: Electronic ignition saves you from the troubles of lighters and matchboxes. It quickens the start-up process as well. Though the feature works perfectly fine most of the time, you might face a glitch in the ignition once in a while. If it’s not a big deal for you, you won’t even bother.
Broil King designed the MONARCH series with space efficiency in mind. However, the brand didn’t cut back on quality at all.
From its partly stainless steel body to iron cooking grids, the grill ensures durability and value for money. The side shelves make the whole system more convenient and easy to fit in the smallest of patios.
Plus, the wheels make the whole system portable and easy to move.
For its small size, the grill displays exceptional power and performance. The three 30,000 BTU Dual-tube burners and linear flow valves enable you to set the temperature to your desired degree without disrupting the heat flow.
As the grill is small, it can get very hot at low to medium temperature so your food can get the ideal sear. The cooking grids will leave the perfect grid marks on your meat while the grooves will make your food tastier.
Cleaning & Maintenance: 3.5/5
Cleaning is not much of a problem with this grill, but wetness is. If you leave the system wet for too long, it is likely to get rusty, which can get real nasty.
To reduce the cleaning time, oil the grates before grilling. Afterward, clean them with a brush or cloth and leave them dry.
On the brighter side, replacing the gas tank in the cabinet is super easy.
Warranties & Shipping
- Warranty: You get a limited lifetime warranty on the cook box, a 10-year warranty on the burner, and a 2-year warranty on other parts and paint.
- Shipping: Broil King ships inside the US, and internationally to many regions, including Europe and the Asia Pacific.
If you have a limited budget, the Broil King MONARCH 320 might be one of the best options. It has all the basic features of a grill with an affordable price tag.
The grill boasts impressive power with Dual-Tube burners and heat-retaining cook box. You can control the heat using the linear flow valves that let you set the temperature to the exact degree.
If you are going to move the grill a lot, the wheels and casters will make the job super easy for you. On top of that, the whole system looks compact and classy, made to fit any outdoor setting.
One of the downsides is that it lacks a few extra features that other grillers offer in the same price range. However, it might be a good thing for newbies who want to start with the simplest.
Overall, the Broil King MONARCH 320 is a budget-friendly grill for anyone who wants to enjoy grilled meals without spending too much on a grill.