Weber Jumbo-Joe Charcoal Grill 18” Review
We receive free products to review and participate in affiliate programs. See our disclosure page for more information.
What comes to the mind of a grill enthusiast when planning a small social gathering, summer party, tryst, tailgate or camping, if not the Weber Jumbo-Joe Charcoal Grill 18”? This charcoal grill is an advanced invention from the household grill manufacturer, Weber. It’s reminiscent of the Original Kettle Charcoal Grill 22 inches, albeit more efficient and portable.
Like most grill lovers, are you a long-standing fan of classic Weber? If your answer’s yes, then this review, which centers on the construction, performance, and maintenance of the Jumbo-Joe Charcoal Grill 18” would fascinate you more than your steaks and hamburgers. Moreover, the overall summary of this review gives you a concise evaluation of the product.
Why Choose the Weber Jumbo-Joe Charcoal Grill 18”?
All thanks to its portability, you’d love to add this charcoal grill to your collections. If you want to revamp the nostalgic, evergreen charcoal flavor that makes barbeque inviting at any time and place, consider trying out the Jumbo Joe 18 inches grill.
Who Do We Think Matches with the Weber Jumbo-Joe Charcoal Grill 18”?
- Traditional Barbeque Lovers: Irrespective of how evolutionary Weber’s products get, the brand never forgets their long-standing barbeque lovers. These set of people rate the charcoal grill over the modern gas and electric grills. No doubt, this product suits traditional grillers perfectly.
- Budget Shoppers Looking for Quality: Weber’s Jumbo-Joe Charcoal Grill 18” is priced at $69.99. For sure, it’s on the lower side compared to other Weber grills. Yet, its quality distinguishes it from other competing charcoal grills of the same cadre.
- Apartment Residents: This product has a compact size and comfortably fits into tiny spaces around apartments, like the balcony.
Possible Weber Jumbo-Joe Charcoal Grill 18” Complaints
- Produces Combustion Byproducts: The byproducts this heating medium produces can be hazardous to health, as postulated by the State of California.
- Limited Cooking Space: Its size isn’t large enough to accommodate a whole chicken. Thus, it’s only suitable for grilling hamburgers and similar-sized items.
Company Headquarters: Palatine, Illinois, United States
The name, Weber-Stephen rings a bell in the world of barbeque equipment. For many decades, he successfully created an array of grills that cook efficiently and with ease. Weber offers a touch of excellence and durability, and you’ll find that the design and efficiency of the Jumbo-Joe Charcoal Grill 18” were inspired by these values.
The Smokey Joe and Weber kettles are compact-sized designs for small capacity direct grilling. These models are quite famous and have similar designs and construction to a large capacity kettle. Weber doesn’t shy away from evolution. Thus, they’ve renamed many famous charcoal grills and included new models.
First Impression: How Does It Look Like?
Unveiling the Weber Jumbo-Joe Charcoal Grill 18” shows buyers that this barbeque is a modern version of the previous charcoal grills from the Weber brand. Therefore, buyers are quickly endeared to this device. The Jumbo-Joe Series is easy to assemble with the help of a manual. It has a lightweight. Therefore, grillers don’t have to employ extra hands to enjoy an outdoor grilling time.
- Porcelain Enameled Lid and Bowl: The porcelain-enameled black lid and bowl have a thick construction like the older Weber Kettle Charcoal Grill. It stores heat up and has a scarce chance of rusting.
The Tuck and Carry Lid: This feature assists users with carrying this grilling equipment. It also keeps the lid in position to prevent it from falling off.
- Cooking Area: The Joe-Jumbo series has 240 square inches of cooking space. It can grill eight burgers simultaneously.
- Aluminum Ash Catcher: There’s a dish-like bowl beneath the base damper that helps collect byproducts of the used fuel.
- Dampers: The charcoal grill consists of aluminum dampers. They’re not corrosive and are located at the top and base of the grill. They allow BBQ lovers to control the degree of heat during grilling.
- Made in the USA: This Jumbo-Joe Charcoal Grill 18” is made in the USA. So, you can rest assured of the grill’s quality.
The Jumbo-Joe Charcoal Grill 18” has a solid construction with long-lasting coating. Its dimensions are 19.7"H x 19.7"W x 20.5"D inches. It boasts an 18.5” diameter plated steel cooking grate. With the glass-reinforced nylon handle, you can easily open and close the grill’s lid. For convenience, the lid lock holds the lid in place for lifting.
This Weber grill uses natural briquettes gotten from natural hardwoods. Chemicals were avoided while producing these briquettes, to allow you enjoy a great taste of your foods. For a charcoal grill of this kind, all meals are heated adequately irrespective of their thickness or lightness.
With the inclusion of the dampers, it’s easy to control the heating temperature. The steel grates continuously absorb heat to ensure efficient grilling.
Cleaning and Maintenance: 4.0/5
The stainless-steel brush removes droplets of grease on the grill. The Jumbo-Joe Charcoal Grill 18” has an ash catcher of aluminum steel that acts as the ashes dump. This feature eases the workload during tidying.
Warranties and Shipping
- Warranty: Its warranty varies from one part of the grill to another. The grill’s bowl and lid have a ten-year warranty with no rust. The one-touch cleaning system has a 5-year guarantee and no rusting as well. The plastic material of the grill comfortably lasts for five years. Other parts carry a two-year warranty.
- Shipping: This grill only ships within the US and to APO (Army Post Office) and FPO (Fleet Post Office) addresses.
Similar Grills to Consider
1. Original Kettle Premium Charcoal Grill 22”
For grillers who’d love to have a better grilling space to enjoy the natural grilling effect of charcoal, the 22” premium charcoal grill is for you. With 363 square inches of cooking space, the cooking grate is wide enough for a variety of foods.
Not many grills boost of an inbuilt lid thermometer. However, this grill has one. There’s a removable aluminum ash catcher which collects all the ashes released. There’s also a one-touch cleaning system that makes cleaning a breeze.
2. Performer Charcoal Grill 22”
This barbecue is what accentuates the essence of grilling. It shares a couple of similarities with the Original Kettle Premium Grill. However, it outdoes the Original Kettle Premium Grill.
There’s an ample cooking space totaling 363 square inches. As such, it grills many foods in one fell swoop. The grill plate is hinged on both sides for easy refueling. It has a gas ignition system that overrules the need for matches or lighters. With a single touch, it’s set aflame. It shouldn’t be confused for a gas grill; it only uses gas to light the charcoals.
Two charcoal baskets are located beneath the cooking grate. With this grill, foods are either heated directly or indirectly. There’s an inbuilt thermometer in the lid to control the temperature.
3. Ranch Kettle Charcoal Grill 37”
This Weber grill is known for feeding a higher number of party guests. Its 1,104 square inches cooking area sees to that. This enormous grate steel is plated and hinged for charcoal refueling. The lid has a holder to secure it in place.
Just like most Weber charcoal grills, it has a removable bowl for collecting ashes contrary to the embedded system, the Gold and Performer models have. At the back are two large wheels, and there are two petite casters in front. As expected, the lid and bowl are porcelain-enameled. With the lid covered, its dimensions are 42 “H x 37.7 “W x 44.7” D.
Like most Weber products, this Jumbo-Joe Charcoal Grill 18” does not suffer any significant setback. On the contrary, its quality beats its price, and overall performance. The grill is large enough to heat eight burgers simultaneously. It’s portable and effortless to transport around with the lid handle making it suitable for outdoor grill connoisseurs and tailgaters.
You don’t have to worry about the grill’s temperature running too low or high. There are two dampers to control your preference for heating temperatures. If you’re contemplating having a portable barbeque, then this quality Weber barbecue grill from the Jumbo-Joe series can effortlessly meet your needs considering its construction and performance.