Blackstone 36” Griddle Cooking Station Review
We receive free products to review and participate in affiliate programs. See our disclosure page for more information.
The Blackstone 36” Griddle Cooking Station is a cooking machine that uses liquid propane. It has powerful, attractive features that make it popular with consumers. If you’re looking for information on propane gas grills, or just need one for cooking, our review of the Blackstone 36” Griddle Cooking Station can help. We’ll explore these features and include possible complaints (if any) you might encounter after buying it.
Why Choose the Blackstone 36” Griddle Cooking Station?
The simple answer is “Quality, Convenience, and Price.” It’s made of high-quality steel and has a smooth protective coating against rust, scratch, and stains. The grill is easy to fold so that you can move it anywhere with ease. It has many convenience features like side-shelves, wheels, bottom rack, hangers, etc. and sells for a very affordable price compared to others of similar quality.
Who Should Buy the Blackstone 36” Griddle Cooking Station?
- Outdoor-Cookind Enthusiasts: Cooking in your garden or at camp is exciting as you can observe nature and beauty while waiting for your meal. The outdoors is far more exciting than the four walls of your kitchen as the scenery helps you relax, so you don’t quickly grow impatient from waiting. A similar thing applies to barbecue parties, which under the right weather and circumstance, is grander than anything you can do indoors.
- People Who Love Variety in Cooking: Grilled foods have a unique flavor, which no other art of cooking can produce, no matter the ingredient you add to it. That’s why people will never give up grilled foods – except for health reasons. If you aren’t eating grilled food, there is no doubt you’re missing out on a lot. You probably won’t consider stopping once you start taking food cooked directly or indirectly on a grill.
- Those Looking for a Quality Liquid Propane Griddle: The propane gas grill is easier and faster to start than all other types. Although it can’t create that smoky flavor, you aren’t going to be dealing with charcoal either. If you hate having to touch charcoal every couple of days, then, a liquid propane grill like the Blackstone 36” Griddle Cooking Station is ideal for you.
Possible Drawbacks of the Blackstone 36” Griddle Cooking Station
- It Can Be Heavy: Hauling this liquid propane gas grill for long distances can be challenging. It weighs 134 pounds and measures 40 by 14.5 inches. If you are looking to carry your grill along to places and cannot cope with hauling 134 pounds, this might not be the best option. There are similar propane gas grills by the same manufacturer weighing a lot less than the Blackstone 36” Griddle Cooking Station.
- Highly Flammable: The Blackstone 36” Griddle Cooking Station is a liquid propane gas grill. Propane is very volatile and flammable. Any gas leakage or simply forgetting to turn off the gas after cooking can result in a rapid-fire disaster that would be difficult to put out. Leaking gas can also contaminate the air.
Since its inception, Blackstone has been committed to providing the best outdoor experience for everyone by building grills and accessories that make grilling convenient for all. Blackstone put in much effort in engineering and design. Their hard work bore fruit in 2005 when the company rolled out its cornerstone product, the 36” Blackstone Griddle.
Blackstone products are designed and engineered in the U.S.A. The company specializes in building outdoor cooking appliances. It has a central focus on customers and strives to meet consumers’ evolving preferences by developing innovative outdoor cooking gear. Blackstone aims to bring family and friends to share moments of joy by making it easy to access the most efficient and convenient grills on the market.
Company Headquarters: North Logan, UT
First Impression: What Does It Look Like?
The 36” Griddle Cooking Station is one of the flagship products of Blackstone, an American company that produces a wide range of grills and accessories. The 36-inch machine offers a generous cooking space of 756 square inches—enough to cook for a barbecue party.
The machine is pretty straightforward to assemble, and it has a quick and easy starter button. There are also two cantilevered work surfaces for keeping your grilling utensils, and a bottom shelf offers additional storage space for greater convenience.
The removable griddle top is held by sturdy steel and four industrial strength caster wheels, with two of the wheels lockable. The steel grill is coated in black for protection from stains, sticking, rust, and easy cleaning.
- Four Stainless Steel Burners: This propane gas grill comes with four independently-controlled burners, each capable of 15,000 BTUs, making a total of 60,000 BTUs. The burners let you easily control the temperature from low to high so you can sear and slow cook any meal.
- Quick Start Operation: This liquid propane gas grill is way better than charcoal and kerosene models at starting the grill. You can start cooking at the press of a button, making it a convenient pick for impatient chefs. The quick start function uses batteries, which are not included in the purchase.
- Large Cooking Area: There is enough cooking space to serve a small group of people. You could put as many as 28 burgers or 72 hot dogs comfortably. The cooking area is of great importance in a grill, notably a propane gas grill. A large cooking area saves you money on fuel as you can cook a batch of meals all at once instead of separately to serve many people. The cooking surface is of a seven gauge, thick rolled steel with premium heat retention qualities.
- Versatile Cooking: There are four independent cooking zones so that you may prepare foods of different natures simultaneously. Without such a feature, you would have to cook each food type separately, which can cause overcooking, burning, or undercooking certain foods.
- Sturdy and Durable Construction: This grill is designed to last. The solid frames, high-quality material, and protective coating helps prevent rust, breakage, stain, and sticking of food. The grill also has a design for easy fold-and-go so you can take it camping or any other place. The design achieves maximum compactness for the cooking space it provides.
- Plenty of Convenience Features: First, the Blackstone 36” Griddle Cooking Station offers a wide cooking area, portability, and quick-start functions. Then it has two wide side-shelves as extra space for your preps, and there is also a bottom rack for storing food and equipment. It also has large grease can, a hanger, and propane tank fasteners. The rear grease management feature lets you clean the grill easily.
- Four Industrial Strength Wheels: The wheels of this Blackstone 36” Griddle Cooking Station have an ergonomic construction to support the grill and enable you to move it around smoothly. The wheels look durable and likely to last for years without the need to repair or change them. Plus, there are four wheels instead of two, as in other designs.
The framework is quite sturdy and looks strong enough to last years. Made of high-quality materials and a protective coating, the body is smooth, resistant to rust, stain, food sticking, and easy to clean. The grill has a conservative design for the cooking space for up to 72 hot dogs. It has four industrial strength wheels for smooth movement.
With four 15000 BTUs, this grill will sear any kind of food and, at the same time, allow you to regulate the temperature instantly. Its vast cooking space lets you prepare food for many people. You could also cook foods at different heat levels but simultaneously.
Cleaning and Maintenance: 4.4/5
The material and finish of this grill make it smooth and easy to clean. Considering that you might be cleaning grills at least once or twice a month (depending on use), the grill needs to be easy to clean.
Warranty and Shipping
- Warranty: Blackstone offers a 90-day warranty from the date of purchase. The warranty covers all parts, craft, and finish of the Blackstone 36” Griddle Cooking Station. Warranty is limited only to the original purchaser, and Blackstone has the sole right to repair or replace affected parts. Read more about warranty in the user manual.
- Shipping: Blackstone products sell on many platforms in the U.S and around the world. Shipping depends on the online marketplace, seller, and your location. Amazon prime buyers may qualify for free shipping in specific locations.
Similar Blackstone Griddles to Consider
1. Blackstone 28-inch Propane Gas Griddle
This grill has identical features with the Blackstone 36” Griddle Cooking Station in design, material, and convenience. However, it’s a smaller size than the Blackstone 36” Griddle Cooking Station and weighs a lot less. The Blackstone 28” griddle has the advantage of being lighter and cheaper, but it offers less cooking space than the Blackstone 36” Griddle Cooking Station.
2. Blackstone 17” Table-Top Propane Gas Griddle
It follows in the same series as the Blackstone 36” Griddle Cooking Station, but much smaller and less expensive. If you are looking for a table-top propane gas grill, this is it. It weighs a lot less than the Blackstone 36” Griddle Cooking Station, has a more compact design, and easier to move around.
If a propane grill is what you are looking for (provided it’s the right size for your need), the Blackstone 36” Griddle Cooking Station is an option worth considering. For one thing, it offers a wide cooking area despite having a seemingly compact design. The cooking area is wide enough for a barbecue of several dozen people. You can move it around with ease, and the wheels are sturdy and likely to last long.
The Blackstone 36” Griddle Cooking Station can also cook at different temperatures simultaneously. You have absolute control over heat levels, and all four burners can be managed independently. The material is top-quality, and the body is smooth for easy cleaning.