Blackstone 28” Griddle Cooking Station Review
We receive free products to review and participate in affiliate programs. See our disclosure page for more information.
Planning on hosting a family reunion or an outdoor event in your backyard? It would help if you had a powerful and versatile grill to cook your favorite meals. The Blackstone 28” griddle cooking station fits into whatever plans you’ve got.
This guide covers all you need to know about the Blackstone 28” Griddle. We’ve reviewed its key features, performance, construction, and possible complaints. You can read through every section of the guide or go straight to the quick overview.
Why Choose the Blackstone 28” Griddle Cooking Station?
The Blackstone 28” griddle makes grilling in your yard a much more convenient endeavor, giving you a restaurant-style cooking experience.
Who Do We Think Matches with The Blackstone 28” Griddle Cooking Station?
- Folks Who Want More Than a Regular Grill: Many people have trouble making the perfect burger with the regular grills and BBQs. The Blackstone 28” griddle is a marvelous upgrade of the standard grills in the market. With its unique griddle top and push-button igniter, every burger comes out with a perfect taste.
- Those Who Love Versatile and Simple Grills: The Blackstone 28” cooking station comes with unique features that make cooking large amounts of food a lot easier. Its flat griddle top and detachable grill base and extra trays combine to make for a versatile cooking experience.
- Outdoor Cooking Lovers: Camping, picnicking, and family cook-outs can be more fun when you have a portable, durable cooking station. The Blackstone 28” allows you to cook different kinds of food, with the bliss of fresh air.
Possible Black Stone 28” Griddle Cooking Station Complaints
- The Drip Extension: Ease of cleaning is one of the vital features people look for in a grill. The Blackstone 28” griddle has grease dripping down its front, making cleaning a lot messier. However, a Rear Grease Management System was added to recent models to solve the problem.
- Height of the Griddle Stand: While the folding ability of the griddle stand is a great feature, its overall height might be a problem. Some tall buyers complain that the cooking station is not high enough for their cooking convenience.
- Carbon Steel Cook Top: With a carbon steel cooktop, you get to enjoy even heat distribution on the Blackstone 28” grill. However, unlike stainless steel, it is very prone to rust when exposed to moisture.
Company Headquarters: Logan, Utah
Right from their first top-quality griddle cooking station in 2005, Blackstone has sought to capture the hearts of outdoor enthusiasts and recreational cooks. More than a decade after the first invention, the brand stands shoulder-high in the grilling equipment industry. Yet, they continue to churn out powerful and efficient grilling machines and accessories.
As a testament to the brand’s enduring legacy, the Blackstone 28” Cooking Station ranks as one of the best grills in the market. Even restaurants now settle for it for a more satisfactory kitchen service.
First Impression: How Does It Look Like?
At first glance, you might wonder how something packed in a small carrier bag can fit more than a dozen bacon. However, once it’s assembled, you’ll marvel at the brilliance of the design.
The Blackstone 28" griddle cooking station is as durable as it looks. It is effortless to assemble, meaning you don't have to spend hours setting it up. Its secure footing and wheels allow you to move it around your backyard conveniently.
- Large Grill Surface: The grill has a 720 square-inch cooking surface that can handle a large quantity of food on-the-go. Its double H-burners ensure there’s even distribution of heat over the grill surface. This feature guarantees a well-seasoned meal every time.
- Instant Ignition Buttons: Unlike the older standard grill and BBQs, this griddle saves you the stress of trying to start a fire. With just a push of any of the two ignition buttons, the heat is on and ready to cook.
- Independently-Controlled Burners: The griddle has two stainless steel burners with a heating capacity of 30,000 BTUs. Fueled by a propane tank, they give you the versatility to cook any food you desire. Also, with the adjustable heat zones, you don’t have to worry about your food burning.
- The Caster Wheels: The Blackstone 28” griddle is easy to transport from one spot to another even while assembled. Its caster rollers are durable for any terrain and can be locked to keep it in position.
- Made in the USA: The 28-inch Blackstone Griddle Cooking Station and other products by the same company are manufactured wholly in the United States. The quality of materials and the precision in craftsmanship make American-made grills worth every penny of your investment.
- Carrier Bag: The Blackstone 28" has a heavy-duty carry bag that can be used to pack up the dissembled cooking station. With industrial-strength zippers and durable handles, the double-layer fabric bag makes transporting the grill convenient.
- Extra Shelves and Trays: Need side trays and shelves to keep your food ingredients and utensils? This cooking station has extra shelves and trays to aid your outdoor cooking experience.
- The Grill Box Accessories: Grilling accessories help make outdoor cooking easier ad healthier. The Blackstone 28” griddle comes with an accessory box with grilling tools such as a drip pan, non-stick wire grill, and wind guards.
- Grease Trap System: The Blackstone Griddle 28” model has a welded knob at the rear end of the drainage tunnel. This tunnel is angled upward to prevent grease from flowing down the griddle's legs, but into the drip pan.
- Foldable Legs: If you want a grill you can easily pack and carry about, then Blackstone is for you. Its detachable legs can be folded up for easy packaging into the carrier bag.
Having a grilling station that packs up after a short period of use is undesirable. Blackstone understands this, and that explains why the 28-inch griddle is made with durable materials. From the stainless-steel frame to the sturdy griddle legs, the cooking station is built to last.
The only glitch, however, is the carbon steel cooktop, which is prone to rust. That aside, the griddle has a solid and reliable build you can enjoy for several years.
What is grilling without a wide range of cooking temperatures? The adjustable burners on the Blackstone 28" Griddle allow you to grill a burger or sear a steak. It distributes heat evenly across the cooking surface, allowing for thorough cooking of your favorite food.
Designed to give your cooking the finesse it needs, the grill is a perfect fit in your outdoor kitchen. The carbon-coated cooktop helps retain your food flavor, ensuring you don't miss out on any deliciousness. With the grill’s instant ignition button, you can start grilling right away.
Cleaning and Maintenance: 3.5/5
The Blackstone 28” cooking station is not entirely a high maintenance griddle, although its size can make its cleaning quite a challenge. However, with some cleaning aids like the Blackstone Scouring Pad, cleanup is a lot easier. Another problem is the grease leak, which the Rear Grease Management System was included to handle.
The non-stick feature of the carbon-steel cooktop makes it easy to wash off sticky food residue. However, proper wiping and drying after use are vital to preventing corrosion. Some parts of the grill, like the propane tank and knobs, can be easily replaced.
Warranties and Shipping
- Warranty: The Blackstone 28” griddle cooking station has a one year warranty and a 90-day warranty for its accessories, limited to the original buyer.
- Shipping: The equipment is not eligible for international shipping, and can only be shipped within the United States.
Similar Blackstone Griddles to Consider
1. Blackstone 36” Griddle Cooking Station
This grill is a larger version of the Blackstone 28" Griddle Cooking Station. It has four ignition buttons and four H burners with a combined capacity of 60,000 BTUs. It is also a durable and versatile griddle, with an accompanying grill tray.
The grill also has the Rear Grease Management System and a carbon-coated cooking surface. It’s a good alternative if you want something way larger for your culinary needs.
The Blackstone 28” Cooking Station is designed for a variety of outdoor cooking needs. It has durability, convenience, efficiency, and portability packed in its 470-square inch size. A perfect replacement for your standard grill, Blackstone makes outdoor cooking more convenient.
This griddle station has a powder-coated black steel frame, carbon-steel cooktop, and stainless-steel surface. You can enjoy 30,000 BTUs of cooking heat fueled by a 20lb propane tank built with durability and longevity.