Blackstone 36” Griddle Cooking Station (With Stainless Steel Front Plate) Review
We receive free products to review and participate in affiliate programs. See our disclosure page for more information.
Looking for the right grill to fit perfectly into your outdoor kitchen plan? A large griddle with solid construction and optimum performance is often the cooking equipment of choice. You want a versatile grill with a wide range of features, and the Blackstone 36'' Griddle fits the description.
Our detailed review of the Blackstone 36-inch Griddle covers its key features, construction, performance, and possible complaints. You can go through the entire review or skip to the end for a quick overview.
Why Choose the Blackstone 36'' Griddle Cooking Station?
If you enjoy traditional barbecue taste, then the Blackstone 36" Griddle Cooking Station is just for you. With its four stainless steel burners, the griddle is perfect for home cooking, parties, events, or camping.
Who Do We Think Matches with Blackstone 36'' Griddle Cooking Station?
- Outdoor Kitchen Enthusiasts: An outdoor kitchen is a great place to cook a variety of meals in the warm sun or brimming stars. The Blackstone 36" griddle is ideal for that, allowing you to enjoy convenient outdoor cooking. It makes for a perfect way to avoid heating the house while cooking.
- People Who Love an Easy-to-Use Griddle: This griddle is easy to use, and gives you no hassle assembling it. Once you receive the griddle's delivery, you don't have to spend several hours trying to set it up. Its battery-powered ignition gets your cooking started with just a push of the button.
- Versatile Cooking Lovers: With four independently-controlled heat zones, this griddle allows you to cook different foods at the same time. This feature should be loved by those who like some versatility in their kitchen.
Possible Blackstone 36'' Griddle Cooking Station Complaints
- Carbon Steel Top: For grill lovers, a stainless-steel top means prevention against corrosion and staining, as well as an attractive appearance. The Blackstone griddle has a carbon steel top, which may rust when exposed to moisture. However, a carbon steel top means more durability and better heat distribution.
- Leakage of the Grease Trap: Although this griddle has a grease trap to prevent grease spills, there are several customers' complaints of a leakage. This can be a strong put-off for such powerful equipment. However, there's a Rear Grease Management System installed in recent releases.
Company Headquarters: Logan, Utah
Blackstone's goal, right from the beginning was to bring family and friends together with the most efficient griddles. Commitment to this goal gave birth to the very first classic, the 36" Blackstone Griddle in 2005. Since then, the brand has not looked back, creating some of the most famous griddles ever.
The 36" Blackstone griddle is the product that started the evolution. With it, families can cook all they want outside – breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Now, this fantastic piece of invention dominates the outdoor kitchen equipment market.
First Impression: How Does It Look Like?
Blackstone 36'' Griddle is a large grill that fits 16 steaks, so you can imagine its size. It has a solid stainless-steel base and a cold-rolled steel top. The large cooking capacity is an excellent fit for any type of food you might want to cook.
The griddle is easy to assemble and has a rear grease management system for easy cleaning. It is a good replacement for your standard grill. Besides, you don't have to ever bother about kerosene or charcoal.
Its solid appearance gives you the satisfaction of having a griddle that saves you the inconvenience of indoor cooking. The stainless-steel frame plate gives it a shiny, aesthetic finish.
- Large Cooking Area: Do you want a cooktop that is big enough to make meals for parties or camps? The "36 Blackstone Griddle has 720 square inches of cooking space to handle that. For proper perspective, it can fit 28 burgers, 72 hot dogs, or 16 steaks.
- Four Stainless Steel Burners: Complementing the large cooking surface are four burners with a combined heat of 60,000 BTUs. You have enough heat to sear a thick steak. The burners each have an adjustable heat control with a built-in igniter.
- Caster Wheels: The griddle has four caster wheels that serve as a secure footing for the product. These industry-standard wheels allow you to move the rather heavy grill from one place to another. You can easily lock the casters to keep the grill in place.
- Push-button Igniter: The push-button igniter gets your griddle working at the push of a button.
- Grease Catcher: Blackstone has a grease trap at the center rear to prevent grease from running down the grill. The new rear grease management system is a response to the many complaints of grease leakage from the griddle.
- Folding Legs: If you want to pack the griddle away, its ability to fold will make that a lot easier. Once you remove the tank, griddle top, and shelves (including the bottom shelf), the legs will fold.
- Side Shelves and Trays: The cantilevered shelves make for a great storage place to keep your food ingredients and utensil. When serving meals, the trays come in handy.
The quality of a grill rests on the type of material employed in construction and the thickness of its various parts. With a stainless-steel frame and a rolled steel cooking surface, the Blackstone "36 griddle has a solid construction.
There's the feeling of reliability and durability with the equipment, even though its large size makes it difficult to move around. You don't have to worry about your precious machine collapsing after a short period of usage.
A powerful grill possesses high heat capacity, a wide range of cooking temperatures, and even heat distribution. Blackstone 36-inch griddle has a combined heat capacity of 60,000 BTUs with its independent heat controls that allow you a 4-zone cooking system.
The cooking surface is made of rolled steel, which is excellent for even distribution of heat across the surface. Also, it allows you to add seasonings and oil to the cooking surface. The flat top retains all the flavors and juices in your food.
Cleaning and Maintenance: 2.5/5
With a powerful performance comes high maintenance needs. The griddle's surface is made of carbon or rolled steel, which is not a corrosion-resistant material. So, you have to clean the cooking equipment thoroughly after use, and this can be demanding.
Another downside is the tendency of grease leak from the front grease tray, giving you the extra job of cleaning it up. If you are looking for a grill that takes a simple wipe to clean, then Blackstone is not for you.
Warranties and Shipping:
Warranty: The product comes with a 1-year manufacturer's warranty, with an option to purchase an additional warranty through a third party.
Shipping: Shipping is free in the United States.
Similar Griddles to Consider
1. Blackstone 36'' Griddle Cooking Station (Without Stainless Steel Front Plate)
This griddle offers similar features and capabilities, save for its lack of a stainless-steel frame. It has a black powder-coated steel frame, giving it a dull appearance, unlike the Griddle with a stainless-steel frame.
2. Blackstone 28'' Griddle Cooking Station
The Blackstone 28'' Griddle Cooking Station is an excellent alternative to the 36" griddle, especially for people who don't care so much about size. It has a heating capacity of 30,000 BTUs with a 2-zone heating control system. This grill is easier to move around and is as durable and reliable as its 36-inch counterpart.
The Blackstone 36" Griddle Cooking Station takes your outdoor cooking to another level, with a mix of efficiency and versatility. If you're looking for a large grill with a solid and durable feel, then this 120-pound equipment is just for you. You don't have to worry about moving it around because its four castor wheels serve that purpose.
With four independently-controlled burners, you can control the cooking temperature. Whether its breakfast, lunch, or dinner, you have enough cooking space to make that delicious food. However, there's the corrosive rolled steel top and front tray grease leak to bother about.
Overall, this grill is more efficient at cooking juicy hamburgers and crispy steak than your regular grills. The flat top unique to a griddle cooking station makes it possible to cook different meals at the same time. You get you an evenly-cooked meal, without a compromise in taste and flavor.