Weber Master-Touch Charcoal Grill 22" Review
We receive free products to review and participate in affiliate programs. See our disclosure page for more information.
Need a grill for your outdoor cooking needs? A product you can use at the comfort of your backyard, patio, or during a camping adventure? For the best experience with grills, you need one with a modern, sturdy design capable of several convenience functions. The Weber Master-Touch Charcoal Grill 22" is one such grill to consider.
Our review of the Weber Master-Touch Charcoal Grill 22" details pretty much everything worth knowing about this grill to help you make the right purchase decision. We examine the design, features, complaints, and other logistical factors to consider about the product.
Why Choose the Weber Master-Touch Charcoal Grill 22"?
It is essential to know what makes the Weber Master-Touch Charcoal Grill 22" stand out among competitors. For one, it is from the best grill brand in the industry. Another reason is it's designed for convenience, and the main grill functionalities deliver great satisfaction. Also, the product's cost of shipping and warranties offer the best deals you can get for such quality.
Who's a Good Fit for the Weber Master-Touch Charcoal Grill 22"?
This Charcoal grill is just right for a class of people, including but not limited to:
- The Outdoor Kitchen Enthusiasts: You just love cooking outdoors for several reasons, like watching sceneries, catching a breath of fresh air, or providing a bite to eat for one or two passersby. With outdoor cooking, you won't have to bother about heating the room or, in some cases, releasing harmful gases on the environment. It encourages better ventilation and even allows you to pass quality time with friends and family while keeping a watchful eye on your food.
- People Looking for the Best Grill: Any user of grills wants the best there is, and preferably at an affordable cost. The Weber Master-Touch Charcoal Grill 22" is, without doubt, one of the best by Weber. Weber is a leading grill brand worldwide. This particular grill model by Weber comes with a host of extra features to make your grilling experience smoother than ever during cooking, transportation, and storage. The design is thoughtful, the construction materials are first-class steel, and maintenance is a breeze.
- People Who Love Variety in Cooking: Some foods taste a lot better when grilled than boiled, smoked, or dried. Charcoal grills are well known to bring the best taste out of many foods. If you aren't eating grilled food, there's no doubt you're missing a lot. Those who consume grilled food won't give it up quickly. They acquire the best grills they can when the need arises.
- Outdoor Scenery Lovers: If you like camping, the Weber Master-Touch Charcoal Grill 22" or a similar grill should be among your outdoor gear. It is lightweight, easy to transport and store. It's not just suitable for camping; you can also lug your charcoal grill to the beach or park to make the most out of your time there.
Possible Weber Master-Touch Charcoal Grill 22" Complaints
- No Adjustment of Height: Some buyers enjoy being able to adjust the height of their 22-inch Weber Master-Touch Charcoal Grill. However, height adjustability shouldn't be an issue provided the grill of average height. Besides, for most foods, you won't be standing over your grill as it cooks. Alternatively, you could use a kitchen stool or chair. But if height adjustability is a biggie for you, it means you need to consider other alternatives.
- Repackaging the Product: If you want to return your Weber charcoal grill for reasons like damage, size, and more, you may have slight issues getting it to fit in the box. You can always watch a video to do this successfully. However, it shouldn't be a problem repacking your grill in the box if you paid attention during unpacking. But in case of any difficulty, there are plenty of videos online to help you do this.
Company Headquarters: Palatine, Illinois
Weber, being a leader in the grill industry, produces some of the most sturdy and most innovative grill designs. This company designed and mass-produced the first charcoal grill. The inventor of the charcoal grill, George Stephen, made his discovery in 1952 after drawing inspiration from the shape of a buoy. Cutting the buoy into two, he added legs to the bottom and a handle to the top. This basic design produced the first charcoal grill that would later give rise to a wide range of models in the grill industry.
First Impression: What is This Charcoal Grill Like?
The first impression you'll get off this grill is the lightweight modern luxury design. It is smooth and shiny. Thus, it's easy to clean and maintain. The material is high-quality steel coated in reinforced porcelain enamel.
The cooking grate also consists of high heat-resistant steel. It's got some convenience features like the One-Touch cleaning system for hassle-free maintenance and removal of ash and charcoal debris. There's also a removable ash catcher of significant size to save you the need for frequent ash disposal.
The handle comprises convection-resistant material. As such, it won't quickly get unbearably hot, and there's a tuck-away lid holder at the side of the bowl into which you can slide the lid. It also has hooks on the bowel for hanging grill tools like tongs and spatula. The dampers are easy to adjust for temperature regulation without the need to open take off the lid. The shape of the bowl maximizes the amount of heat reaching your food.
- High-Quality Design and Material: Regarding design, Weber's Master-Touch charcoal grill's picture says it all. You'll want to go for the product because it doesn't just deliver high-performance grills; it's also a piece of exceptional grill equipment with a sleek, lightweight design. It's easy to carry or move around.
Wheels are present for secure transfers even as you cook. It's also built to conserve space despite being able to cook 13 burgers at a time due to the generous cooking area. It is made of top-grade steel, and the bowl retains and maximizes the heat reaching your food. Given its coating's weather-resistance, you can rest assured that you won't have to deal with peeling for an extended period.
- One-Touch Cleaning System: No matter how well-designed a charcoal grill is, if it doesn't clean easily, you'll have a less joyous experience using it. Cleaning can be complicated and messy for charcoal grills that don't have the one-touch cleaning system.
- Precision Heat Control: You can control the temperature of this grill without lifting the lid. Simply adjust the dampers to reduce or increase heat or completely close the dampers extinguish the fire.
- Expanded Grilling Possibilities: You could easily replace the circular grate insert with a skillet, pizza stone, poultry roaster, and other Gourmet BBQ system inserts. These other inserts are sold separately, and there's a wide variety to choose from.
- Efficient Charcoal Organization: You can easily organize the charcoal for direct or indirect grilling. The grate is hinged to enable you to add charcoal easily while cooking.
- Convenient Lid Placement: A tuck-away side holder helps you avoid having to place the lid on the ground or table when cooking.
- Customizable Grate Inserts: You can choose from a comprehensive design of grates to insert in the grill
- Excellent Heat Retention Features: The material with which this grill is made resists high temperatures and is designed to streamline heat towards the grate.
- Built-In Thermometer: This feature allows you to monitor and control the temperature of the grill more efficiently, particularly for foods that require controlled temperature to cook.
As mentioned earlier, the Weber Master-Touch Charcoal Grill 22" features a modern ergonomic design with features like portability, heat-resistance, convenience, and efficiency.
For charcoal grilling, it is one of the best on the market. Not only does it provide a full cooking area, but it also streamlines heat to speed up the time it takes to cook.
Cleaning and Maintenance: 4.7/5
The one-touch cleaning system, massive ash catcher, and smooth heat-resistant coating all make for a seamless cleaning process.
Warranties and Shipping
Warranty: Weber's warranty duration ranges between two to five years. The company warrants to an eligible owner that the product has no defect in material or artistry. The terms and period of warranty are explained in the Owner's Guide.
Shipping: The item currently only ships to the U.S and APO/FPO (Army Post/Fleet Post Office) locations. APO/FPO shipments might have a slight difference in the warranty terms or support issues. Buyers can check with the manufacturer for warranty and support.
Similar Charcoal Grills to Consider
For one reason or another, you may not consider the Weber Master-Touch Charcoal Grill 22" a good fit. The good thing with Weber is that they design grills for every need. There are several suitable substitutes for the Weber Master-Touch Charcoal Grill 22." We'll outline just two.
Weber Original Kettle Grill Premium 26 "
Despite being from the same brand as the Weber Master-Touch Charcoal Grill 22," the Kettle Grill Premium 26" variant has some features lacking in the former. And these could be better suited for your needs. For example, if you'll be cooking for a large family or group and you think 13 burgers at a time isn't enough, consider buying the Weber Original Kettle Grill Premium 26".
Weber Original Kettle Charcoal Grill 18"
The Weber Master-Touch Charcoal Grill 22" might be too big for you. That amounts to a waste of charcoal, space, and money as Weber Master-Touch Charcoal Grill 22" costs higher than its 18" counterpart.
The satisfaction you stand to derive from using this charcoal grill cannot be overemphasized. Plus, it comes at a very affordable price. It's noteworthy that this cooking equipment is only for outdoor use. Using it indoors exposes you to harmful gases that could prove very detrimental to health. Our take on the Weber Master-Touch Charcoal Grill 22" is positive, provided it is the right size and budget for you.