Char-Broil Classic 2-Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill Review
We receive free products to review and participate in affiliate programs. See our disclosure page for more information.
For grill fans looking to buy a propane gas grill, and provided it’s the right size and budget, the Char-Broil Classic 2-Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill might just be a choice worth considering.
Generally, liquid propane gas grills have several advantages over charcoal and other types of grills. And that’s why they’re usually the preferred option. Among the best and affordable designs, the Char-Broil Classic 2-Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill stands out.
Our review of this grill explores its features, efficiency, durability, and possible user complaints to enable you make an informed buying decision.
Why Choose the Char-Broil Classic 2-Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill?
A liquid propane gas grill should be quick and easy to lit. It should also heat up fast – preferably in 10 minutes or less – which is precisely what the Char-Broil Classic 2-Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill does. With two powerful burners, an ample cooking space, and a highly mobile design, this propane gas grill is worth every penny you spend on it. Not to forget that it’s very affordable, and made with long-lasting materials.
Who Should Buy the Char-Broil Classic 2-Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill?
- People Who Like Outdoor-Cooking: The scenery of your garden or camp is undoubtedly more appealing than your kitchen. Observing nature helps you relax while waiting for your meal to cook. Barbecues are also more fun outdoors than indoors. For whatever reason that you want to cook in the open, this gas grill can serve you well.
- People Who Love Versatile Cooking: It is a lovely change to enjoy grilled food at least every couple of days. Grilled foods have a taste you don’t get from boiled or fried food, and you’re missing so much if you don’t have a grill to use from time to time. The Char-Broil Classic 2-Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill prepares delicious grilled meals.
- People Who Prefer Liquid Propane Gas Grills: Different types of grills serve the same purpose but with varying effectiveness and results. A gas grill is easy to start, and it’s fast for cooking. It’s also easier to clean compared to a charcoal grill. You have more control over temperature because, unlike with charcoal grills, adjusting the temperature in a gas grill takes effect instantly.
Possible Drawbacks of the Char-Broil Classic 2-Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill
- Can Be Challenging to Assemble: The Char-Broil Classic 2-Burner has many parts which if they’re not carefully unboxed, can take hours to couple. Do not open and mix them up. When you open the big box of parts, section them off together in the right order by following the small-parts list. Stay organized and don’t be in a hurry, and you should be done in an hour or two – probably less.
- No Extra Nuts/Bolts: While the instructions are clear enough for the keen examiner, there are no extra nuts or bolts in the pack. If you lose a nut or bolt, you need to find alternatives elsewhere. However, as long as you are observant and careful when coupling this grill, there shouldn’t be a need for any extra nuts or bolts.
Char-Broil is one of the first companies to make Americans rapidly adopt grilling until it became America’s backyard tradition. Founded decades ago, Char-Broil churned out its first models in 1948. Since then, they have continued to up the ante on grill-design and quality.
The company aims to make grilling as convenient, delicious, memorable as it could. Decades of hard work, innovation, and experience helped cement Char-Broil as a leading industry producer of a wide range of Grills and accessories. Performance drives every one of their designs, with innovation, features, and new products.
Company Headquarters: Columbus, GA
Mail: There’s no email address listed on Char-Broil’s official website. You have to email them by filling a form at the link, https://support.charbroil.com/help/contact
First Impression: What Does It Look Like?
The grate is made of porcelain-coated wire that prevents food from sticking. The burner is stainless steel; the side-shelves are also made of steel and are painted black. Both the lid and firebox are of top-quality steel and coated in porcelain so it can withstand high heat. The grate, with porcelain coating, is resistant to rust and easy to clean. Its 6-inch wheels provide both portability and stability.
The good thing about this propane gas grill is, despite having a generous cooking space of 280 square inches, it is light to carry. It weighs just 43 pounds, yet the burners can deliver up to 20,000 BTUs of cooking power. The in-line stainless steel burners provide uniform heating across the cooking area.
- Vast Cooking Space: The primary cooking surface has a porcelain coating. It is 20 inches wide and 14 inches deep, giving an area of 280 square inches that can take up to 12 burgers. With grills, more significant cooking space is always better unless you have limited space at home. A large cooking space means you could cook more substantial meals for many.
- Porcelain-Coated Steel Lid and Firebox: The lid and firebox of this grill are coated with porcelain for prolonged use. It has excellent resistance to rust and heat.
- Stainless Steel In-line Burners: The burners are made of stainless steel to make them more enduring. Burners also enhance temperature control for more efficient cooking.
- Piezo Ignition: The Char-Broil Classic 2-Burner uses a Piezo Ignition for the grill’s quick and reliable start-up—all by the push of a button.
- Two 6-inches Wheels: The two plastic wheels are sturdy and enable smooth movement and maneuver on your deck or patio.
- High Ergonomic Wheels: The wheels measure up to 6 inches and are made of durable plastic. That makes the grill stable and easy to move. It is a great convenience to be able to move your grill around easily and quickly, especially if you use it for camping and similar outdoor adventures. The Char-Broil Classic 2-Burner has a design that maximizes the space that a compact propane gas grill can offer.
- Metal Side Shelves: On each side of the grill, there are 12 by 13.5 inches’ metal shelves to provide enough space for keeping your cooking utensils and preps.
- Light Weight: Despite having a 280 square-inch cooking area, the Char-Broil Classic 2-Burner weight just 43 pounds. You could easily take it anywhere in the house or outside it, and it also offers an advantage if you have limited space at home.
- Even-Heat Distribution: This is an essential feature for any kind of grill. Unequal heat reaching different parts of the cooking surface extends the total cooking period. And if you insist on taking everything out at once, some parts would burn while others will be cooked.
Construction of the Char-Broil Classic 2-Burner is innovative, convenient, and of quality materials – from steel to coating and paint. You have side-shelves for keeping your kitchen utensils and preps. The wheels are high and stable, and its coatings prevent rust, sticking of food, and makes for easy cleaning.
The Char-Broil Classic 2-Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill does an excellent job of searing or slow-cooking your food. It gains heat rapidly, and the design allows for adjusting temperature, moving the grill, and cleaning it. The grate is made of porcelain-coated wire to prevent sticking of food to the grate. Burners are made from stainless steel for durability. With 20,000 BTUs of cooking power, you should be able to sear any meat or rib.
Cleaning and Maintenance: 4.0/5
The stainless steel and coating material used in the Char-Broil Classic 2-Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill makes cleaning it easy. The grate is protected from food sticking on it. The burners are comfortable to remove and clean, as are the side-shelves and lids.
Warranty and Shipping
- Warranty: A warranty backs this product if you purchase from an authorized retailer. Warranty applies only to the original purchaser and covers defects in artistry and material after correct assembly and everyday use. The firebox and lid have a 2-year warranty, stainless burners have a 5-year warranty, and all other parts have a 1-year warranty.
- Shipping: Shipping this product depends on the location of the seller, the platform, and the seller from whom it’s purchased. Products on Amazon can ship for free, especially with a Prime membership, but that depends on the seller.
Similar Char-Broil Propane Gas Grills to Consider
1. The Char-Broil© Performance Series™ 4-Burner Gas Grill
It is an excellent alternative to the Char-Broil Classic 2-Burner. Both are made from the same material, with many similarities in design. The primary difference between them is that the Char-Broil© Performance Series™ 4-Burner has four instead of two burners. It also weighs more than twice the Char-Broil Classic 2-Burner and has a larger cooking space.
2. Signature Series™ TRU-Infrared™ 3-Burner Gas Grill
These series of infrared propane gas grills are a perfect substitute to the Char-Broil Classic 2-Burner owing to a wide range of design similarities. The signature series differ from the Char-Broil Classic 2-Burner in that they have three burners and, therefore, weigh more and offer a wider cooking area.
At the price that the Char-Broil Classic 2-Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill currently sells, you’re more likely to derive satisfaction than regret for buying this powerful grilling machine. You can easily move it around on the four sturdy wheels. The steel used in manufacturing the grill is top quality and likely to last a long time, even with regular abuse of use.
The double burners deliver up to 20000 BTUs of searing power, and a mechanism to control and monitor temperature is all packed in this innovative liquid propane gas grill. The design is for convenience, and you can organize your cooking tools on the grill.