Broil King REGAL 490 PRO Review
We receive free products to review and participate in affiliate programs. See our disclosure page for more information.
What better option to grill outdoors than on a traditional gas grill? It's great for creating tender steaks, juicy hamburgers, and perfect side dishes such as vegetables and sauces.
However, to make the most out of your outdoor cooking experience, you need the best tools. Most importantly, a quality gas grill. One such option is Broil King REGAL 490 PRO.
With the Broil King REGAL 490 PRO, you get to enjoy nice grilled meals on your patio. The modern grill is specifically designed to complete your outdoor cooking setup, but you won't be needing much equipment after this cooking system.
Ready to explore the gas grill in detail? Here's everything you need to know about the Broil King REGAL 490 PRO to make an informed purchase.
Why Choose the Broil King REGAL 490 PRO?
The Broil King REGAL 490 PRO is specially designed for outdoor cooking with ample cooking space, four Dual-Tube burners, side shelves, and illuminated control knobs, for an unforgettable grilling experience.
Who Do We Think Matches With Broil King REGAL 490 PRO?
- Backyard Amateur Chefs: This gas grill can nicely complement large backyards and patios. It's ideal for amateur chefs who are always looking for opportunities for backyard dining. The linear flow valves allow you to control the grill's temperature, no matter the weather outdoors.
- Big Families: If you've a big family or you are often found grilling for friends or colleagues, this gas grill might be a good buy. It features four burners and a side burner to prepare large meals and side meals quickly.
- Food Lovers Seeking Value for Money: If you are trying to get a little more value for your money, this gas grill is a good option for you. Aside from the griller, you can use the rear rotisserie burner with the premium rotisserie kit to prepare a perfect rotisserie chicken or a lamb leg.
Possible Broil King REGAL 490 PRO Complaints
Before making a decision, you surely want to know about a few downsides if any, right? Here are some common complaints.
- Bulky Design: Although the large size of the grill is suitable for large dining, you will need a spacious patio to place the system. You will also have to compromise on portability as the griller is on the bulkier side with the added shelves and cabinets.
- Low-Powered Side Burner: On the left of the grill, you will find a 10,000 BTU side burner with a flush-mounted cover. This burner is suitable for heating sauces and veggies in small pans, but it cannot handle more than that. If you want to heat a large pot of soup, you will have to wait for quite some time.
Company Headquarters: North America
Phone: 1(800) 265-2150
Broil King believes that you don't need to dine out to have memorable meals with your family. With Broil King grills, you can do more than just grilling.
The company uses high-quality materials to produce gas, charcoal, and pellet grills, smokers, and other accessories.
Every Broil King product is manufactured in North American plants, offering versatility and durability to give you the ultimate cooking experience for years and years to come.
Broil King Cooking Systems include the famous Regal, Imperial, and Signet, which let you cook almost anything the way you like it.
The heavy-duty build of the Broil King REGAL 490 PRO makes it look stylish and sturdy. You also get two color options: Stainless Steel (silver), and Black Porcelain.
The cooking space is covered with a stainless steel cook box for heat retention, allowing you to grill several food items at a time.
On either side of the cook box, you will find stylish stainless steel shelves with BBQ tool hooks, and steel cabinets in the front to hold all your cooking essentials in one place.
What's cooler is that the whole system is easy to start and control. You can start grilling with the push of a single button.
The cooking system weighs about 86kgs, so portability might be an issue. However, the wheels at the bottom make it a lot easier to move the grill.
- Stainless Steel Cook Box: The die-cast aluminum, stainless steel cook box covers the 500 sq. in. primary cooking space, giving the grill a high-end and durable look. Not only does it look stylish, but it also provides excellent heat retention and an even heat spread.
- Four Dual-Tube Burners: The patented, side ported burners and linear flow control valves ensure even heat distribution throughout the cooking space. The two rows of flame on each burner equalize the gas pressure for even heating. The combination of the control valves with the four-burner design gives you perfect control over the temperature of the grill, from very high to very low.
- FLAV-R-Wave: The cooking system features the FLAV-R-Wave with one side to give you perfect grill marks, and the other to protect the burners. The groovy side catches any dripping juices and vaporizes them in seconds, infusing the aroma into the food, so you don't lose any flavor.
- Side Burner: The side burner adds to the versatility of the grill by allowing you to prepare side dishes along with your meals. If you are a serious sauce lover, you will love this little addition. However, since the burner is low-powered, it can only be used for minor heating.
- Stainless Steel Construction: With stainless steel construction, the Broil King REGAL 490 PRO can handle changing weather without wear and tear. The cooking grids are made of heavy gauge 9mm rod for durability and remarkable heat output. The smooth built makes the whole system easy to clean, hardly needing any maintenance in the first few years.
- Rotisserie Burner: If rotisserie chicken is a meal you enjoy, the grill might be a good option for you. It features a 15,000 BTU stainless steel rear rotisserie burner with an included rotisserie kit to enjoy roasted meat. Keep in mind that the Broil King REGAL 490 PRO has a standard rotisserie burner, so it might not produce the kind of heat that the infrared one does.
- Pullout Propane Tank Drawer: Changing the LP tank shouldn't be a problem with the Broil King griller. It includes a sliding propane tank tray for quick tank change and secure handling.
- Temperature Gauge: You can monitor the heat in the grill with the temperature gauge on the cook box. Paired with the Linear valves, you have total control over the heat of the cooking system.
- Made in the US: If you prefer grills made in the US, the Broil King REGAL 490 PRO won't disappoint you. Broil King manufactures all its products in North American plants located in Indiana, Tennessee, and Ontario. The brand sources its barbecue grill components with special preference to local suppliers.
Broil King REGAL 490 PRO has a solid stainless steel construction with stainless cooking grids for sturdiness and utmost performance.
The blue LED lights light up the control knobs to use the grill in the dark without trouble. The shiny steel body and illuminating knobs will add a subtle glow to your patio.
As far as portability goes, the grill is on the bulkier side, but the wheels and balancing system at the bottom makes it easier to move. All in all, it's a good grill for anyone with a spacious patio.
The Dual-Tube burners and linear flow valves with 180º Sensi-Touch control knobs say a lot about the grill's ability. It gives you total control on heat so that you can cook and roast at your desired temperature.
The wide temperature range also allows you to set the perfect temperature for sizzling, roasting, or slow cooking. Plus, the side burner gives you extra space for quick sauces and sides.
Cleaning & Maintenance: 4/5
The stainless steel construction makes the cooking system easy to clean and maintain. You can easily wipe the grill clean using a damp cloth or a brush.
Spilled soup on the shelf? Wipe it clean with a wet cloth without worrying about instant rust. However, we don't recommend keeping the griller moist for extended periods.
Additionally, you can easily change the LP gas tank using the pull-out drawer without having to drag it out of the cabinet.
Warranties & Shipping
- Warranty: The burners, cooking grid, and Flav-R-Wave have a 10-year warranty. The cook box comes with a limited lifetime warranty while other parts and paint have a 2-year warranty.
- Shipping: The grill can be shipped inside the US, as well as internationally to multiple regions, including the Middle East and Europe.
The Broil King REGAL 490 PRO completes your outdoor cooking set up, giving you the best grilling experience in the comfort of your patio.
This traditional gas grill has some exceptional features including the stainless steel body, Dual-Tube burners, and pull-out propane tank drawer that makes it stand out.