Char-Broil Signature TRU-Infrared 4-Burner Gas Grill Review
We receive free products to review and participate in affiliate programs. See our disclosure page for more information.
Do you want to step up from the inconvenience that comes with grilling with charcoal grills? A high-performing gas grill with exceptional features is the right fit for your need. The Char-Broil Signature TRU-Infrared 4-Burner Gas Grill fits this description.
To help your purchase decision, we’ve put together a review of the Char-Broil Signature Gas Grill. Read through the guide for all you need to know about the grill or check out the overview for a quick summary.
Why Choose Char-Broil Signature TRU-Infrared 4-Burner Gas Grill?
The Char-Broil Signature TRU-Infrared 4-Burner Gas Grill is a high-performance propane-powered grill, with remarkable features such as electronic ignition system, porcelain-coated grates, TRU infrared cooking system, and storage cabinet.
Who Do We Think Matches with Char-Broil Signature TRU-Infrared 4-Burner Gas Grill?
- Fast Cookers: In a good way, the Char-Broil Signature 4-Burner Gas Grill is not for slow cooking. Its TRU infrared technology ensures that your meat cooks fast and evenly. Also, with this grill, flare-ups become a thing of the past.
- Gas Grill Lovers: Charcoal grills come with the stress of cleaning up the ash and debris. This grill saves you all that trouble as it uses propane for fuel.
- Those Who Need Extra Space for Storage: Modern-day grills should offer more than just a cooking top for grilling. With this grill, you get a storage cabinet where you can keep grilling tools and other items.
Possible Char-Broil Signature TRU-Infrared 4-Burner Gas Grill Complaints
- Difficult to Put Together: If you’re using this grill for the first time, assembling alone might be a challenge. Many first-time buyers complain of spending several hours trying to put it together. However, following the directions on the manual and using a second pair of hands can be of great help.
- Rusting of the Cast Iron Grates: Cast iron is an excellent material for even distribution of heat, but it's very susceptible to rust. As a result, users usually experience rusting of the grill grates after a period of use. The grill top has an anti-rust porcelain coating, so it might be surprising that many customers still report corrosion. To help reduce corrosion, ensure you ‘oil’ the grates before use, and clean immediately after use.
Production Company: Char-Broil
Contact Line: 1-866-239-6777
Char-Broil has been innovative since its very first day in the cooking equipment business. With the launch of its first charcoal grills in 1948, the company has gone ahead to release several innovative products. With products like TRU-Infrared cooking system and oil-less turkey fryer, Char-Broil ranks as a top manufacturer of cookouts.
The company continues to seek ways to improve the outdoor cooking experience for America and the rest of the world. After over six decades of releasing the first charcoal grill, Char-Broil introduced the remarkable Signature TRU-Infrared 4-Burner Gas Grill. It is a high-performing grill that produces juicer meals, with zero flare-ups.
This 185-pound grill has a total of 525 square inches of cooking space. Its burners are made of stainless steel for durability and prevention against rust, and they can be adjusted for a wide range of temperatures. There’s a lidded side burner that allows for more versatility in your grilling experience.
It has a feel of a reliability grill made to serve your outdoor cooking indulgence for years. There’s also a 200-square inch warming rack and stainless-steel shelves that provide extra workspace for more convenient cooking. The Signature TRU-Infrared 4-Burner is just the perfect family-sized grill that gives the ultimate satisfaction.
- TRU Infrared Cooking System: The Char-Broil Signature Grill has the infrared cooking technology that lets you grill faster and evenly, with a wide range of temperatures. It eliminates the hot and cold spots usually present on the grill's cooking surface, ensuring that your food is cooked faster and less energy is spent. The infrared technology builds a barrier between the flames and the food; you don’t have to worry about flare-ups.
- Surefire Electronic Ignition: Getting the grill flames up has never been easier with the Signature TRU-Infrared 4-Burner Gas Grill. It has an electronic ignition system connected to every burner on the grill. The system provides a strong spark with the push of a button for instant cooking.
- Lidded Side Burner: If you desire some versatility in your outdoor cooking, this grill gives you just that. It has a 13,000-BTU lidded side burner that allows you to make meals requiring less heat, such as veggies and sauces. Also, the burner makes for a perfect space for meal prepping and keeping of grilling tools. All you have to do is put down the cover, and you’re good to go.
- Enclosed Storage Cabinet: The Signature TRU-Infrared 4-Burner Gas Grill has a large, stainless steel enclosed cabinet that allows for storage of items. You can keep food ingredients and grilling tools for proper storage and easy access.
- Lid-Mounted Temperature Gauge: The temperature gauge lets you monitor the internal temperature of the grill. It has an easy-to-read gauge that helps you with heat control.
- Warming Rack: A good grill gives you space to do a lot of things. This grill has a 200-square-inch hanging porcelain warming rack that gives you room to melt cheese on buns or store veggies before serving.
- Dual Fuel: This feature allows for easy conversion of propane gas to natural gas. However, you’d have to buy a conversion kit for that.
The Char-Broil Signature TRU-Infrared 4-Burner Gas Grill has stainless steel construction for durability. For fuel, it uses Propane Gas, which can be converted to Natural Gas with a conversion kit sold separately. The cooking grates are made of Porcelain-coated Cast Iron, which is rust-resistant.
The grill design includes additional features such as integrated LED lights and distinctively-designed sleek lid, handle, and cabinet. The grill sits on four casters that allow for easy movement of the equipment, and you can lock two of the wheels to keep the grill in place when cooking. Overall, the grill has a reliable and robust construction that can serve you for several years.
The Signature TRU-Infrared 4-Burner Gas Grill is perfect cooking equipment mid and large-sized gatherings. The four burners offer combined energy of 32,000 BTUs, with an additional 13,000 BTU from the side burner. While the main burners ensure you get the juiciest food requiring high heat, the side burners are just perfect for sauces and veggies.
Its TRU-Infrared technology cooks up your food faster and prevents flare-ups. With the Surefire electric ignition feature, you can start your grilling experience with just the push of a button. The Dual Fuel function converts the liquid propane to natural gas, with the use of a conversion kit.
Cleaning and Maintenance: 3/5
The TRU Infrared Cooking System requires some extra maintenance, making the Signature TRU-Infrared 4-Burner Gas Grill more challenging to clean and maintain. However, the porcelain-coated grates are easy to clean, and oiling them before grilling makes clean up so much easier after.
The grates have tiny holes that let juices drip out, but some remain and clog the holes leading to a buildup of food. To ensure you prepare healthy meals, you have to clean the grates frequently.
Warranties and Shipping
- Warranty: Char-Broil offers a 1-year limited warranty, a 10-year warranty on the burners, and a 3-year warranty on the other parts.
- Shipping: The grill is manufactured overseas, but it is available for shipping within the United States.
The Char-Broil Signature TRU-Infrared 4-Burner Gas Grill offers you matchless cooking speed. With its incredible Infrared technology, your food doesn’t take forever to be ready. This gas grill also saves you the cleanup trouble that comes with using charcoal grills. Its storage cabinet provides you enough space for the storage of items.
So, if you want a grill that offers you a wide range of cooking temperature, splendid ignition system, and versatility, then the Char-Broil Signature TRU-Infrared 4-Burner Gas Grill is just perfect. Although the grate’s susceptibility to rust may present some problem, you can deal with that with proper cleanup and maintenance.
The Char-Broil Signature TRU-Infrared 4-Burner Gas Grill can cook at temperatures up to 700oF, with a lower limit of 250oF. This feature gives you a restaurant-style cooking experience, churning out juicy steaks every time.