Weber Performer Charcoal Grill 22” Review
We receive free products to review and participate in affiliate programs. See our disclosure page for more information.
Whether you’re a charcoal person or a lover of delicious meals, you need a grill that offers you no limits. With the Weber Performer Charcoal Grill 22”; you can enjoy the best of meals in your small patio or big yard.
We have carefully reviewed the Weber Performer Grill, detailing its essential and preference-based features, performance, construction, and just about everything else. Now, if you’re ready to learn more about this grill, read on or jump to the end for a quick overview.
Why Choose Weber Performer Charcoal Grill 22”?
The Weber Performer Charcoal Grill 22” is a high-performance grill, with lots of reliable features to make your everyday grilling experience convenient and memorable.
Who Do We Think Matches with the Weber Performer Charcoal Grill 22”?
- Charcoal Grill Lovers: There are folks you can’t separate from the natural taste of charcoal grilling. If you are that type of person, the Weber Performer 22-inch Charcoal Grill will suit your taste. It retains the traditional flavor of charcoal grilling, with super features to make your cooking a much more convenient endeavor.
- Folks Looking to Replace Their Charcoal Grills: There are charcoal grills that offer more cooking space and have a sturdier build. However, this grill has matchless features that completely transform your grilling. So, it serves as a perfect replacement for those wanting to change their old charcoal grill for good.
- Small and Mid-Sized Gathering Grillers: If you're looking for a grill that can cook for a hundred people on the go, you should continue your search for the right grill. But if you want a grill that can make you family meals and allow you to grill for a small event in your backyard, this grill is your go-to option.
Possible Weber Performer Charcoal Grill 22” Complaints
- Inaccurate Thermometer Reading: The grill has a lid thermometer that monitors the internal grill temperature up to 470oF. However, the thermometer is likely to give you incorrect readings due to a number of factors. So it's safer to get a digital thermometer for more precise measurements.
Production Company: Weber
Contact Line: 1-800-446-1071
George Stephen, the inventor of Weber Grills, had an unparalleled passion for grilling. This led him to invent the groundbreaking kettle grill in 1962 from a buoy. He cut the buoy into two to make a cooking bowl with a lid, added legs, and a handle – and the first Weber kettle grill was born.
Several decades later, Weber has stayed true to its legacy of innovation and unbeatable grilling experience. With many grills and accessories already introduced, Weber is a top leader in the industry. The Weber Performer Charcoal Grill 22” follows that tradition, offering grillers exceptional performance unique to Weber.
The Weber Performer has an impressive design that sweeps you off even before you start cooking. Besides its fantastic, simple look, it has enough space for your meal prepping and storage of grilling tools.
The grill sits on a cart with two wheels, making it compatible with any backyard kitchen set up. Its simple construction means there aren't too many parts to assemble, and there aren't many clumsy features to deal with.
- Gourmet BBQ System: What a thrilling experience to open your lid and your guests see a wok! This Weber Grill has a Gourmet BBQ System that gives you different types of cooking surfaces. You get a pizza stone, wok, griddle, sear grate, poultry roaster, and cooking grates – allowing you to prepare a variety of meals.
- Side Work Table: Some extra space for meal prepping on your grill is always desirable, and this grill offers you just that. This folding side table is an excellent place for keeping your spices, plates, and serving food. If you need some space in your patio, you can fold the table down.
- Porcelain-Enameled Lid and Bowl: The Weber Performer 22-inch Charcoal Grill has a porcelain-coated lid and bowl, making them good heat retainers. You get to enjoy even distribution of heat and consistent temperature while cooking. The coating is suitable for very high temperatures and helps prevent peeling, cracking, and rusting.
Adjustable Dampers: You can control the cooking temperature by adjusting the dampers. This saves you the stress of lifting the lid when you want to increase or reduce the temperature. Opening the dampers allows more oxygen into the grill, leading to increased heat while closing them extinguishes the flames.
- Lid Thermometer: Heat level is arguably the most critical factor involved in cooking. You should know when to reduce the heat or fire it up. With Weber Performer's built-in lid thermometer, you can monitor the grill's internal temperature. That way, you know when it's the right time to adjust the heat.
- Heat Shields: The cooking process might require you to hold the grill by its handle, and without a shield, burns are likely to occur. This grill has a heat shield on the handles to prevent that from happening.
- Tuck-Away Lid Holder: Having to drop the lid on the ground should be the most inconvenient thing ever. Weber Performer's lid holder is a great solution for that, allowing you to easily slide the cover on the side of the grill.
- Removable Ash Catcher: The grill has a high-capacity, aluminum ash catcher that makes cleanup a more straightforward process. The catcher can be easily removed and emptied, minimizing spills.
Tool Hooks: On the side of the equipment are hooks where you can hang your cooking tools and utensils for easy access.
- Durable Wheels and Casters: The grill has two sturdy 8-inch wheels that can stand any weather. It also has two swivel locking casters that help keep the grill in a locked position.
The grill has a solid, rugged design that will serve you for many years. Although it doesn't equal older Weber models with respect to rock-solid construction, it ranks better than other charcoal grills of the same price range. When fully assembled, it weighs around 66 pounds, with dimensions of 43.5 x 29 x 42 inches.
The Weber Performer 22-inch Charcoal Grill provides you with plenty of space for grilling a wide array of food – from burgers to steaks. It has a total of 363 square inches of cooking space, making it large enough for mid-sized gatherings.
The grill has a heavy-duty steel charcoal grate that is compatible with the Gourmet BBQ System (GBS). The GBS is a particularly remarkable feature as it gives you the liberty to grill anything you want: pizza, casseroles, and early morning breakfast.
Cleaning and Maintenance: 4.5/5
One of the recurring issues with charcoal grills is the difficulty with cleanup due to the ash residue. The Weber Performer Charcoal Grill 22” takes a long stride in solving this problem with its One-Touch cleaning system. You can easily swipe the charcoal and debris into the high-capacity, detachable ash catcher.
The grills porcelain-enamel coating is easy to clean with a simple wipe, reducing the amount of time you'd typically spend cleaning.
Warranties and Shipping
- Warranty: The Bowl and Lid have a 10-year warranty, and the one-touch cleaning system has a 5-year warranty. The grill's plastic components have a 5-year warranty, except for any issue of fading or discoloration. Other parts have a 2-year warranty.
- Shipping: The item is available for shipping within the United States.
If you're looking to replace your old charcoal grill, the Weber Performer 22 inches Charcoal Grill is a perfect fit. Besides enjoying the original deliciousness of charcoal grilling, features such as the Gourmet BBQ System get you hooked. This grill will be your favorite for many years with enough versatility to cover all your grilling needs.
The porcelain coating on the bowl and lid ensures minimal heat escapes the grill and evenly distributes heat. The cooking grates can fit 13 burgers on the go, all evenly and properly cooked. With these features and many more, you don't have to worry about cleanup. The One-Touch cleaning system lets you clean the grill in one wipe with a large-capacity ash catcher that collects the ash and debris.
Apart from the non-precision thermometer reading, there's nothing to bother about with the Weber Performer Charcoal Grill 22". It's a true testament to Weber's longstanding reputation of innovation, convenience, and performance.