Weber Original Kettle Premium Charcoal Grill 26" Review
We receive free products to review and participate in affiliate programs. See our disclosure page for more information.
Need a piece of cooking equipment that's affordable and reliable for all your grilling needs? One that's convenient to use and would last a lifetime if properly maintained? Look no further than the Weber Original Kettle Premium Charcoal Grill 26."
This article is a detailed review of the Weber Original Kettle Premium Charcoal Grill 26." The analysis covers pretty much everything, from design and pricing to shipping and warranties.
Why Choose the Weber Original Kettle Premium Charcoal Grill 26"?
If you're looking for a kettle charcoal grill big enough to feed a large family or group, we recommend with confidence, the Weber Original Kettle Premium Charcoal Grill 26." Its attractive pricing and excellent return policy give you credible cover against risking a lousy investment.
Who Do We Think Matches with the Weber Original Kettle Premium Charcoal Grill 26"?
- People Looking for the Best Grilling Experience: Grilling is fun, and many grilled foods taste more delicious than their fried or boiled alternative. But you need the right grill to enjoy the experience. From assembling, feeding, and lighting the charcoal, to regulating temperature and storing your kettle grill after use, only a first-quality kettle charcoal grill would make for a smooth, safe and satisfying process.
- Outdoor Enthusiasts: You like camping and other outdoor adventures? Do you go camping in a group? An exceptional kettle charcoal grill should be top among your considerations.
- Those Who Like Versatile Cooking: Want your food to go beyond boiled or fried dishes? Would you like to try out roasts? The Weber Original Kettle Premium Charcoal Grill 26" is your go-to option. There's arguably no limit to the type of food you can grill.
Possible Weber Original Kettle Premium Charcoal Grill 26" Complaints
- Nuts and Legs Could Be Thicker: While not an issue for most buyers, some find the aluminum legs kind of shaky to move around. Nuts attaching the handle to the lid could be bolder as well.
- Welding Points Could Be Better Protected Against Rust: The welding points may not take as long as expected to rust when exposed to excessive moisture.
Company Headquarters: Palatine, Illinois
Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, for returns email email@example.com
Weber has always led the Kettle Charcoal Grill industry with its classic innovations. It is credited with inventing the kettle charcoal grill. In 1952, George Stephen developed the first one while working at the Weber Brothers Metal Works in Chicago. George got his inspiration from the shape of a buoy. He cut the buoy in two and added legs to the bottom and a handle to the top, and the first kettle charcoal grill came into being.
First Impression: What Does It Look Like?
The Weber Original Kettle Premium Charcoal Grill 26" is a spherical kettle charcoal grill mainly made of steel and coated in reinforced porcelain enamel. The coating prevents peeling and flaking while giving the kettle a smooth finish for easy cleaning. The bowl-shape and reflective surface direct heat towards the food, so it cooks evenly.
There are dampers at the bottom and top, and the cooking grate made of first-class steel provides a generous cooking area. You'll find a charcoal grate just beneath the cooking grate, and it's built to prevent warps or burn throughs.
There's also the One-Touch cleaning system and in-built thermometer to monitor temperature, an especially useful feature for heat-sensitive grilling. It also has a high-capacity ash catcher, lid hook, tool hook handle, and a handful of other luxury features. Combining the excellent functionalities of this kettle with top quality material and a spectacular design makes it the best in this class of kettle charcoal grills.
- One-Touch Cleaning System: This product enables fast and easy cleaning. Some people may dislike using a charcoal grill because without the one-touch cleaning system; it can be messy to clean a charcoal grill.
- Hinged Cooking Grate: There's an area on both sides of the hinged grate that lifts to let you add charcoal fuel while cooking.
- Wheeled Legs: The legs have smooth wheels for secure transfers even while cooking. Without the wheels, it could be cumbersome to move your kettle grill even a few yards.
- Built-In Thermometer: Allows you to monitor the grill's temperature while slow-cooking.
- Detailed User Manual: Weber provides detailed guides for any of its products, including the Weber Original Kettle Premium Charcoal Grill 26." The manual covers everything of importance about assembly, usage, and maintenance. It has a clear purpose to protect the user and make the most out of any Weber kettle grill. Following the manual helps the user avoid dangers, receive caution and warnings, and maximize their purchase benefits.
- Tuck-Away Lead Holder: You won't need to keep the lid on the ground while cooking. Just slide the cover to the side and hang on the bowl.
- High-Capacity Ash Catcher: This size of its ash catcher means you won't have to empty it frequently. Although it's not a big deal to empty an ash catcher, the bigger size lessens the work and saves you time.
- Tool Hook Handle: Lets you hang the tools for grilling on the bowl instead of looking for where to keep them.
It is constructed from steel and features a superb design for the best cooking results. Some extras let you keep critical components or tools in one place – actually on the grill itself.
The Weber Original Kettle Premium Charcoal Grill 26" performs beyond expectations. Not only does it offer a lot of convenience features but also very efficient for direct and indirect cooking.
Cleaning and Maintenance: 4.7/5
It is a breeze to clean and maintain the Weber Original Kettle Premium Charcoal Grill 26". There are three blades in the bowl; they simplify cleaning the bowl of ash collected at the bottom and into the ash catcher. By moving the handle back and forth, the three blades force ash though the dampers into the ash catcher.
Warranties and Shipping
- Warranty: Weber offers warranties between two to five years for all their products. The warranty duration depends on specific parts. Parts that are used frequently have lesser warranty periods. There's more detailed information regarding the warranty on page three of the Owner's Guide.
- Shipping: Currently, Weber’s 26-inch premium kettle charcoal grill doesn’t ship outside the United States. It’s ineligible for international shipping.
Similar Grills to Consider
1. Weber Original Kettle Grill Premium 22"
The non-premium version of this kettle charcoal grill costs about $50 less than the premium version. This premium model has a handful of extra features like hinged grates for easy access to coal even while cooking.
2. Weber Original Kettle Charcoal Grill 18"
This Weber Kettle Charcoal Grill is more suited for a smaller family or group of no more than four people. It costs considerably less and takes up a lot less space.
Our verdict of the Weber Original Kettle Premium Charcoal Grill 26" is favorable for several reasons, which you probably know by now. It is top quality and designed to be as convenient and lasting as possible. The product is meant only for outdoor cooking and should be enough for a big family of eight. If you intend to use it for a small family, the other alternatives suggested in this article are worth considering.