Weber Genesis II E-310 Three Burners Gas Grill Review
We receive free products to review and participate in affiliate programs. See our disclosure page for more information.
Do you need help with finding the perfect gas grill for your outdoor kitchen? A hassle-free grill that's easy to maintain, built to last, and equipped with enough features to fulfill your barbecue needs? Then the Weber Genesis II E-310 is your best bet.
This article will provide you with detailed information on the features, technology, construction, and potential downsides of the Weber Genesis II E-310. However, if you prefer a shorter review, just skip to the end.
Why Choose the Weber Genesis II E-310 Outdoor Gas Grill?
If you wish to savor the delicious taste of barbecue made with a difficulty-free grill, then the Weber Genesis II E-310 is an excellent option. It comes with a structure that's easy to clean, along with three promising burners that grill your meal evenly - regardless of their location on the grill. Also, it's got the Weber GS4 grilling system, which makes the grill's performance seem relatively futuristic.
Ultimately, the Genesis II E-310 contains enough features to handle small parties, camping, home cooking, and any occasion that needs a barbecue.
Who Do We Think Matches with the Weber Genesis II E-310 Outdoor Gas Grill?
- Outdoor Kitchen Enthusiasts: An outdoor kitchen provides you with more space to accommodate other equipment that allows you to explore your cooking skills fully. Fortunately, the Weber Genesis II E-310 excels in this area, because it produces enough heat to cook any meal - whether it's a bun or a thick steak.
- People Who Want a Grill That's Easy to Use: The Weber Genesis II E-310 is one of the few gas grills that requires no unique training to operate. Assemble the parts and turn on the grill by pushing the "Infinity Ignition" button. This button lets you instantly ignite the grill without the need for a match or lighter.
- People Who Prefer Gas Grills Over Charcoal Grills: Charcoal grills produce the traditional smoky barbecue taste that we all love. However, some users complain about the uncomfortable smoke that it emits. Fortunately, the Weber Genesis II E-310 uses a Propane Gas coupled with several other factors to produce a smoky barbecue taste - without any harmful by-product.
Possible Weber Genesis II E-310 Outdoor Gas Grill Complaints
- Installing a New Gas Line: Weber Genesis II E-310 is an excellent barbecue machine; however, some customers complain that theirs burnt like a space shuttle engine, which ruined their steak. This event happened when they tried installing a new gas line (optional), but the pressure was off. Fortunately, this issue can be fixed with the appropriate pressure.
- Too Similar to the Spirit II E-210: While the Genesis II E-310 functions correctly, some customers feel that it barely differs from the Spirit II E-210. However, when you compare the Genesis' cooking area with over 200 square inches wider, and a heat capacity that's over 10,000 BTU-per-hour higher than the Spirit's, you'll find that the Genesis II E-310 is undoubtedly worth the money.
Company Headquarters: Palatine, Illinois
Weber holds a spot in the heart of all barbecue enthusiasts as one of the best manufactures of high-quality grills. The business began in 1952 with the "Kettle Grill " as the foundation of its legacy, which later morphed into different series. Eventually, the grill-manufacturing company evolved to the mighty behemoth it is today.
Currently, the company owns a long line of excellent barbecue tools and gadgets, including the Flavorizer Bars, Weber Briquettes, I-grills, and Weber's 21-Inch 3-Sided Grill Brush, which helps to keep the cooking grates pristine.
First Impression: How Does It Look Like?
The Weber Genesis II E-310 comes in a large box weighing approximately 150 pounds; therefore, you'll need extra help to lift it to your setup location. After fully assembling it, you'll notice it contains a gas tank with a gauge, two foldable tables at the side, a grease-catching tray, and many more.
It has a unique structure that sets it apart from other gas grills in the market. The grilling surface consists of three cast-iron cooking grates with porcelain coating, which makes it very durable and easy to clean.
It also comes with Weber's Grease Management System, which channels fat droppings into a removable plate. Making sure you won't have to worry about wiping off annoying grease stains anymore.
The main burners produce a heat output of 37,500 BTU-per-hour, sufficient to handle any meal - from corn to a thick slice of meat. However, the Weber Genesis II E-310 only has enough space to grill for a group of 4 - 7. This limiting factor makes the Weber Genesis II E-310 the ideal gas grill for home cooking or small events
- Three High-Performance Burners: The Genesis II E-310 has three uniquely shaped burner that disperses heat throughout the cooking chamber. This temperature distribution makes it possible for the machine to thoroughly grill your meal irrespective of its location on the cooking grate.
- Compact Cooking Area: If your purpose of buying a grill is to prepare some meals for your family or a small occasion, the Weber Genesis II E-310 is your grill. It has a reasonably wide primary cooking area of 513 square inches, which is large enough to handle a small group of 4 - 7 people.
- Gas Tank with Fuel Gauge: At the left side of the Weber Genesis II E-310 is a gas cylinder containing the Propane that fuels the burners. There's also a fuel gauge attached to the Cylinder, which provides an accurate reading of how much propane remains.
- Infinity Ignition: Turning on the burners of a typical gas grill requires you to bring a match or lighter, but with Weber's "Infinity Ignition," all you need is the push of a button. This feature makes it easy to turn on the grill without the input of an external heat source.
- Flavorizer Bars: This Weber grill comes with the company's unique "Flavorizer Bars," which catches drippings and sizzles them back into your meal. This entire process leaves a delicious smoky flavor that's similar to the traditional barbecue taste.
- The Grease Management Chamber: While the flavorizer bars help to redirect the dripping back into your meal, some might still escape. That's where the "Grease Management System" comes into play. The chamber sits underneath the cook box and catches any dripping that escaped the bars. Remove and replace the tray when it's full.
- Warming Rack: If your meal consists of several items that get ready at different times, you can keep them warm on "The Warming Rack" until the main dish is prepared.
Undoubtedly, all Weber grills are famous for their sleek & modern design, and the same goes for the Genesis II E-310 Outdoor Gas Grill. Its surface is built with porcelain-coated cast-iron cooking grates that make it easy to clean and also prevents frustrating elements like rust, fading, and peeling. In other words, the Genesis II E-310 Outdoor Gas Grill has a durable structure bound to last for several years.
Weber equipped the Genesis II E-310 with several innovative features such as the infinity ignition (turns on the burners), the flavorizer bar (adds a smoky flavor to your meal), and the grease management system (catching stray drippings).
Also, the cooking grates have two sides - thin and wide. The light section lets you cook delicate meals like fish and shrimps, while the broader side adds a bold sear mark on tougher meals, thereby enhancing its taste.
Cleaning and Maintenance: 4.0/5
Cleaning the Weber Genesis II E-310 is hassle-free because the visually appealing porcelain coating makes it easy to wipe grease, stains, and dust off the machine. All that's required is a damp rag to eliminate a large percent of the stains.
As for the grease management system underneath the cook box, quickly replacing the tray is the best way to sanitize that section. Ultimately, cleaning the Genesis II E-310 is a stress-free task.
Warranties and Shipping
Warranty: The Genesis II E-310 comes with a 10-year warranty, which includes a replacement for any defective component.
Shipping: A standard shipping fee of $40 for grills that weigh more than 70 pounds. Freight carriers will deliver the product within 2 - 5 business days. Any return after 30 days of delivery is free.
Similar Gas Grills to Consider
Weber Spirit II E-210 Gas Grill
This gas grill is a few pounds and BTUs less than the Genesis II E-310; however, it functions efficiently and rivals the Genesis II in terms of price and popularity. Its heat output and cooking area aren't a match for the Genesis II, but it's sufficient to handle an entire chicken.
Have we piqued your interest? Read up on the Weber Spirit II E-210 Gas Grill
in this full review.
RINKMO Gas Grill (With Three Burner)
This portable gas grill by RINKMO produces up to 36,000 BTU-per-hour and carried enough space to prepare several dishes in one go. It weighs approximately 70 pounds and is very affordable.
The Weber Genesis II E-310 takes roughly one hour to set up - if you follow the instruction manual. It has a sturdy build made out of thick steel, a height of 61 inches, and weighs precisely 150 pounds - it's not that easy to carry.
It comes with several features such as two side shelves, a thermometer, and extra space to attach grilling tools and accessories. The porcelain-coated cast-iron grates have a total cooking area of 513 square inches, which is sufficient to handle 24 4-inch hamburgers placed side-by-side. This relatively large grilling area is one reason why the Genesis II E-310 is one of the best barbecue grills.
Also, the grate has two sides - the thin section for handling delicate meals like fishes and shrimps, and the broadside for thicker meals like steak. It produces a heat output of 37,500 BTU-per-hour, which is equal to 500°C. In other words, there's no meal you can't prepare on Genesis II E-310.
Ultimately, grilling with the Weber Genesis II E-310 is thrilling because it's easy to operate and cooks according to your grilling needs.